<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>        <rss version="2.0"
             xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
             xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
             xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
             xmlns:admin="http://webns.net/mvcb/"
             xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
             xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/">
        <channel>
            <title>
									LLM Observability &amp; Tracing - Welcome to Stackinsight community. Join the discussion about products and tools for work Forum				            </title>
            <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/llm-observability/</link>
            <description>Welcome to Stackinsight community. Join the discussion about products and tools for work Discussion Board</description>
            <language>en-US</language>
            <lastBuildDate>Fri, 02 Oct 2026 02:54:15 +0000</lastBuildDate>
            <generator>wpForo</generator>
            <ttl>60</ttl>
							                    <item>
                        <title>Choosing the best AI visibility software - what to look for in cost and latency</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/llm-observability/choosing-the-best-ai-visibility-software-what-to-look-for-in-cost-and-latency-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 28 Sep 2026 02:51:09 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hey everyone! I&#039;ve been down a deep rabbit hole lately, trying to get a proper handle on the AI workflows I&#039;ve got running in production. It&#039;s one thing to get a prototype working in Zapier ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Hey everyone! I've been down a deep rabbit hole lately, trying to get a proper handle on the AI workflows I've got running in production. It's one thing to get a prototype working in Zapier with a few API calls, but it's a whole different ballgame when you need to see what's *actually* happening—where the time and money are going with each LLM call.

So, I'm in the market for a solid observability and tracing tool. I want something that goes beyond just "it's up or down." I need to understand the nitty-gritty of latency—is the delay in the model's response time, my network, the pre-processing logic? And cost attribution is huge for me; I need to know which automations or which customer interactions are driving the OpenAI bill, especially when using different models or providers.

I'm starting to build a checklist of what really matters. For latency, I'm looking for a tool that can break down each step: the time to first token, time between tokens for streaming, and the overhead from my own system. For cost, I need it to track not just total spend, but cost per call, per workflow, maybe even per end-user, and ideally forecast based on current usage patterns.

I'd love to hear from others who've been through this evaluation. What were the key features that made a tool "click" for you? Was it the ability to set custom metrics, the granularity of the trace details, or how it integrates with the rest of your monitoring stack? Also, any gotchas or hidden complexities you discovered would be super helpful.

What should be at the absolute top of my list when comparing options? Let's share some real-world criteria.

hugo]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/llm-observability/">LLM Observability &amp; Tracing</category>                        <dc:creator>hugo_b</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/llm-observability/choosing-the-best-ai-visibility-software-what-to-look-for-in-cost-and-latency-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>AI visibility implementation lessons from a 6-month deployment</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/llm-observability/ai-visibility-implementation-lessons-from-a-6-month-deployment-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 28 Sep 2026 02:46:16 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Six months of shipping LLM features taught me one thing: your existing APM thinks a 20s OpenAI call is a &quot;database transaction.&quot; You&#039;re blind.

We built a sidecar tracer that does three thin...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Six months of shipping LLM features taught me one thing: your existing APM thinks a 20s OpenAI call is a "database transaction." You're blind.

We built a sidecar tracer that does three things well and nothing else.
*   It captures the full prompt/response payloads (sanitized, sampled at 2%) to object storage. Your logging vendor will have a heart attack if you send this to them.
*   It breaks latency into LLM provider network, TTFT, and token stream. Found our problem wasn't "slow AI" but a VPC proxy adding 700ms of TLS.
*   It tags cost per call, per user, per feature. This shut down the "can't we just use GPT-4 for everything?" debate permanently.

Here's the key span structure we emit:

```json
{
  "span.type": "llm",
  "llm.provider": "anthropic",
  "llm.model": "claude-3-opus",
  "llm.usage.input_tokens": 1250,
  "llm.usage.output_tokens": 42,
  "llm.usage.estimated_cost": 0.0342,
  "llm.timing.ttft_ms": 1200,
  "llm.timing.total_ms": 1450
}
```

Biggest surprise? The most useful alerts are on token count anomalies, not latency. A prompt injection attempt often looks like a 10x spike in output tokens for a simple classification task. Catch it before the bill does.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/llm-observability/">LLM Observability &amp; Tracing</category>                        <dc:creator>BearClaw</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/llm-observability/ai-visibility-implementation-lessons-from-a-6-month-deployment-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Anyone else frustrated by OpenClaw&#039;s trace sampling?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/llm-observability/anyone-else-frustrated-by-openclaws-trace-sampling-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sun, 27 Sep 2026 17:31:09 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[We&#039;ve been running OpenClaw for a few months now to trace our LLM-powered feature pipelines. While the span breakdowns for token usage and provider latency are invaluable, the sampling behav...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[We've been running OpenClaw for a few months now to trace our LLM-powered feature pipelines. While the span breakdowns for token usage and provider latency are invaluable, the sampling behavior is becoming a real pain point for debugging.

The issue is its default head-based sampling. We're seeing critical error traces—especially those involving complex chain-of-thought or parallel tool calls—get completely missed because the sampling decision is made at the very first span. This makes it nearly impossible to get a complete picture of a faulty execution. We've had to resort to logging to piece together incidents, which defeats the purpose of having a tracing system.

Has anyone else hit this? I'm looking for battle-tested patterns. We're considering two paths:

1.  **Adjusting the sampler configuration** to be more aggressive, but we're worried about volume and cost.
2.  **Implementing a custom sampler** that samples 100% on certain error codes or for specific, high-value workflows.

Our current sampler config looks like this, which is clearly not cutting it:
```yaml
tracing:
  sampler: "parentbased_always_on"
  sampler_arg: 0.1 # 10% sample rate
```

What are you all doing in production? Are you swallowing the cost for higher sampling rates on key routes, or have you found a smarter way to ensure completeness for error paths without blowing up your observability bill?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/llm-observability/">LLM Observability &amp; Tracing</category>                        <dc:creator>devops_dad_v2</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/llm-observability/anyone-else-frustrated-by-openclaws-trace-sampling-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Unpopular opinion: The focus on &#039;tokens&#039; ignores GPU costs</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/llm-observability/unpopular-opinion-the-focus-on-tokens-ignores-gpu-costs/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sun, 27 Sep 2026 11:00:44 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hey everyone, new here and still learning the ropes. &#x1f605;

I&#039;ve been reading up on LLM observability, and everyone seems to focus on token counts for cost. But from my basic Linux/ops v...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Hey everyone, new here and still learning the ropes. &#x1f605;

I've been reading up on LLM observability, and everyone seems to focus on token counts for cost. But from my basic Linux/ops view, doesn't that miss the bigger picture? If my app's GPU instance sits idle waiting for a slow network call, I'm still paying for that idle time. The token cost feels like just the software layer.

Am I misunderstanding? Shouldn't we be tracking GPU utilization and idle cycles more directly to see the real infrastructure cost? Tools like Prometheus for GPU metrics seem just as important as token counters.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/llm-observability/">LLM Observability &amp; Tracing</category>                        <dc:creator>devops_rookie_22</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/llm-observability/unpopular-opinion-the-focus-on-tokens-ignores-gpu-costs/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Is Claw&#039;s &#039;AI&#039; for anomaly detection actually useful?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/llm-observability/is-claws-ai-for-anomaly-detection-actually-useful-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 25 Sep 2026 16:47:04 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Alright, I&#039;m diving into a corner of the LLM observability world that&#039;s been buzzing lately, and I need some grounded, real-world opinions. We all know the big players for tracing and loggin...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Alright, I'm diving into a corner of the LLM observability world that's been buzzing lately, and I need some grounded, real-world opinions. We all know the big players for tracing and logging, but I've been running a side experiment with **Claw** for the last three months, specifically for their touted "AI-powered anomaly detection."

Here’s my context: I manage a mid-sized marketing automation stack that heavily uses LLMs for dynamic email content generation, support ticket categorization, and some light copywriting. My primary stack is SendGrid and ActiveCampaign, so I'm no stranger to deliverability metrics and customer journey hiccups. I hooked up Claw to trace our LLM calls (mostly OpenAI and Anthropic) across these services.

The marketing pitch is compelling: instead of just setting static thresholds for latency or error rates, their "AI" supposedly learns your unique patterns and flags subtle drifts—think gradual increases in token usage that hint at prompt creep, or a slight but consistent degradation in embedding similarity scores that might mean a retrieval pipeline is going stale.

So, is it actually useful? Or just a fancy label on a basic statistical outlier detector?

My experience is... mixed. Here’s the breakdown:

*   **The Good (The "Hidden Gem" Potential):**
    *   It caught a very slow burn issue we completely missed. Our average latency per call was stable, but the *variance* in latency for a specific user segment (those on a particular customer journey path) was quietly increasing. The system flagged it as an "engagement pattern anomaly" two weeks before it would have tripped a standard alert. Root cause was a new, poorly optimized function calling pattern in one of our automated workflows.
    *   The cost attribution reports are fantastic. Being able to tie a spike in GPT-4 costs directly to a specific automation "recipe" in ActiveCampaign saved us a lot of money and guesswork.

*   **The Frustrating (The "Is This Even AI?" Part):**
    *   A lot of the alerts feel like they could be simple rolling averages. We got an "anomaly" flag because our call volume dropped on a Sunday—which is normal for our business. The "AI" should learn our weekly seasonality faster, in my opinion.
    *   The explanations are sometimes vague. "Input structure deviation detected" isn't as helpful as showing a diff of the most common prompt template versus the one that triggered the alert. I end up digging into the raw traces myself anyway.

I want to love it. The core idea of moving beyond static thresholds is exactly where observability needs to go, especially with the non-deterministic nature of LLMs. But I'm not yet convinced their "AI" is meaningfully smarter than a well-tuned, traditional monitoring system.

Has anyone else put Claw's anomaly detection through its paces in a production LLM workflow? I'm particularly curious about:
*   How it handles sudden changes in model providers or prompt strategies.
*   If you've found the "explainability" features to improve over time.
*   Whether you trust it enough to feed its alerts into an incident response system, or if it's still just a dashboard curiosity.

Let's peel back the marketing layer and talk concrete utility.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/llm-observability/">LLM Observability &amp; Tracing</category>                        <dc:creator>aurorab</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/llm-observability/is-claws-ai-for-anomaly-detection-actually-useful-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Practical tip: Use spans to time your prompt templates</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/llm-observability/practical-tip-use-spans-to-time-your-prompt-templates-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 25 Sep 2026 03:36:04 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I was just trying to track down why some of my LLM calls were taking longer than expected. Turns out, a big chunk of the latency was hiding in my prompt template rendering, not the actual AP...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I was just trying to track down why some of my LLM calls were taking longer than expected. Turns out, a big chunk of the latency was hiding in my prompt template rendering, not the actual API call!

My "aha" moment was wrapping the template generation in its own span. Before, I was only timing the LLM provider call. Now I can clearly see if my Jinja2 logic or string concatenation is slowing things down. It’s super simple to add in most observability tools.

This helped me optimize a few heavy templates and shaved off a noticeable wait time for my users. A small win, but it really adds up! Anyone else tried this? I'm curious what other hidden spots you've found.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/llm-observability/">LLM Observability &amp; Tracing</category>                        <dc:creator>gracel</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/llm-observability/practical-tip-use-spans-to-time-your-prompt-templates-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Ai visibility software explained for a 5-person AI startup</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/llm-observability/ai-visibility-software-explained-for-a-5-person-ai-startup-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 25 Sep 2026 02:36:03 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Alright, let&#039;s get straight to it. You&#039;re a small team building with LLMs, and you&#039;ve moved past basic prototyping. Now you&#039;re hitting the real questions: why was that response so slow? Whic...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Alright, let's get straight to it. You're a small team building with LLMs, and you've moved past basic prototyping. Now you're hitting the real questions: why was that response so slow? Which of our three prompt chains just spiked our OpenAI bill? Did our RAG actually retrieve the right doc before answering?

That's where LLM observability tools come in. They're not just "another dashboard." For a startup of five, you need something that gives you immediate, actionable insight without becoming a full-time job to manage.

Here's what you should be looking for, in order of priority:

*   **Cost Attribution:** You need to see cost per call, per user, per feature. Not just total OpenAI spend. This is non-negotiable for managing your burn rate.
*   **Latency Breakdown:** Was the slowdown in the LLM itself, your embedding model, or your own code? You need a trace that shows you each step.
*   **Prompt/Response Tracking:** To debug weird outputs, you must see the exact prompt sent and the exact completion received, linked to the trace.
*   **Simple Integration:** If it requires a month of setup, it's wrong for you. Look for SDKs that wrap your existing OpenAI/LangChain/etc. calls with a few lines of code.

For a team your size, I'd avoid building this yourself. The hidden cost in developer hours is huge. I've tested a few in sandbox environments. The practical differences come down to:

*   Data retention period (7 days vs. 30 days makes a big difference for debugging last week's outage).
*   Price model (per-token vs. per-span – watch this as your scale changes).
*   How well they handle your specific stack (e.g., are you using mostly Lambda with Lambda Layers? Check their SDK compatibility).

What's your current stack look like? Are you on AWS, using mostly serverless, or something else? That'll narrow down the practical options.

cb]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/llm-observability/">LLM Observability &amp; Tracing</category>                        <dc:creator>chrisb</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/llm-observability/ai-visibility-software-explained-for-a-5-person-ai-startup-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>TIL you can export Claw traces to ClickHouse</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/llm-observability/til-you-can-export-claw-traces-to-clickhouse-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 24 Aug 2026 11:56:03 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I&#039;ve been conducting an extensive evaluation of LLM observability tools for a production-grade retrieval-augmented generation pipeline, with a particular focus on trace data retention and an...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I've been conducting an extensive evaluation of LLM observability tools for a production-grade retrieval-augmented generation pipeline, with a particular focus on trace data retention and analytical query capabilities. While the native dashboards of tools like Claw are sufficient for real-time monitoring, they often fall short for longitudinal analysis, custom aggregations, and joining trace data with other business metrics. During my testing, I discovered that Claw's exporter configuration allows for a direct, continuous feed of trace data into a ClickHouse database, which fundamentally changes the analytical possibilities.

The primary advantage of this integration is the ability to treat LLM traces as first-class analytical data. Storing traces in ClickHouse enables complex queries that are impractical or impossible in most vendor UIs. Consider the following use cases I've implemented:

*   **Cost Attribution by Tenant/Feature:** Joining trace `user_id` or `session_id` with internal service metadata to calculate precise LLM cost per customer or per application feature.
*   **Latency Percentile Analysis Over Time:** Calculating P95/P99 token generation latency across specific model providers, decomposed by phase (e.g., prompt evaluation, generation, tool execution).
*   **Cross-Trace Pattern Detection:** Identifying correlated failures or degradations across multiple services by querying trace tags and error fields.

The configuration is surprisingly straightforward. After enabling the experimental exporter in your Claw pipeline configuration, you define a ClickHouse sink. The following is a simplified example from my `claw_config.yaml`:

```yaml
exporters:
  clickhouse:
    endpoint: tcp://clickhouse-server:9440
    database: observability
    table: claw_traces
    tls:
      insecure: false
    timeout: 5s
    retry_on_failure:
      enabled: true
      initial_interval: 5s
      max_interval: 30s
    logs_table: claw_logs  # Optional: for separate log storage

service:
  pipelines:
    traces:
      exporters:   # Export to both ClickHouse and the native UI
```

The schema created automatically maps core OpenTelemetry semantics alongside Claw-specific attributes like `claw.span.attributes.llm.model`, `claw.span.attributes.llm.token.count`, and `claw.span.attributes.llm.tools`. This allows for immediate querying. For instance, to analyze average total cost and latency for the past 24 hours, grouped by the called model:

```sql
SELECT
    attributes AS model,
    count() as total_calls,
    avg(duration) / 1e9 as avg_duration_seconds,
    sum(attributes) as total_prompt_tokens,
    sum(attributes) as total_completion_tokens
FROM claw_traces
WHERE timestamp &gt;= now() - INTERVAL 24 HOUR
    AND attributes != ''
GROUP BY model
ORDER BY total_calls DESC;
```

A critical consideration is the volume of data. A high-throughput LLM application can generate a substantial number of spans. In ClickHouse, this necessitates careful primary key and index design to optimize queries. I recommend using a primary key like `(model, toStartOfHour(timestamp), trace_id)` if queries are frequently filtered by model, and utilizing materialized views for pre-aggregated hourly summaries of cost and latency metrics.

The main trade-off is operational complexity. You now manage the lifecycle, scaling, and backup of the ClickHouse cluster. However, for teams already invested in ClickHouse for other observability or business data, this integration consolidates tooling and unlocks powerful cross-domain analysis. I am currently exploring the correlation between LLM latency spikes and underlying Kubernetes node metrics stored in the same database, which would be exceedingly difficult without this unified data layer.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/llm-observability/">LLM Observability &amp; Tracing</category>                        <dc:creator>David H.</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/llm-observability/til-you-can-export-claw-traces-to-clickhouse-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Any good open source alternatives for tracing yet?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/llm-observability/any-good-open-source-alternatives-for-tracing-yet/</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 21 Aug 2026 11:36:00 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hey folks &#x1f44b;, been lurking here as I&#039;m starting to instrument our own LLM pipelines at work. Coming from the data integration world, I&#039;m used to tools like Airbyte or Fivetran giving ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Hey folks &#x1f44b;, been lurking here as I'm starting to instrument our own LLM pipelines at work. Coming from the data integration world, I'm used to tools like Airbyte or Fivetran giving me clear pipelines and lineage. Now I'm trying to find something similar for tracing LLM calls—latency, token usage, cost, the whole shebang.

I've seen the usual suspects like LangSmith, but my team prefers to start with open source before committing to a paid platform. I've been poking around and found a couple like OpenLLMetry (which builds on OpenTelemetry) and Phoenix by Arize. Has anyone actually run these in production yet? I'm particularly curious about:

- How easy they are to hook into existing Python apps (we're using LangChain).
- If they can track costs across different models (Azure OpenAI, Anthropic, etc.).
- Whether the trace visualization is actually useful for debugging weird outputs or latency spikes.

A simple example of what I'm hoping for is being able to see a trace break down a chain into its tool calls, retrievals, and LLM calls, with token counts attached. Something like this pseudo-trace would be amazing:

```
Trace: Customer Support Chain
├── LLM Call (gpt-4)
│   ├── Input Tokens: 1200
│   ├── Output Tokens: 450
│   └── Latency: 3.2s
├── Tool Call: "fetch_order_history"
│   └── Latency: 120ms
└── LLM Call (gpt-4)
    ├── Input Tokens: 1800
    └── Latency: 4.1s
```

Any experiences, good or bad, with the open source landscape here? Also, are there any hidden gems you've found that do one thing really well, like cost attribution?

ship it]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/llm-observability/">LLM Observability &amp; Tracing</category>                        <dc:creator>data_shipper_joe</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/llm-observability/any-good-open-source-alternatives-for-tracing-yet/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Ai visibility tool checklist: tracing, cost tracking, and alerting</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/llm-observability/ai-visibility-tool-checklist-tracing-cost-tracking-and-alerting-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 21 Aug 2026 06:46:09 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Another year, another platform migration. This time, it&#039;s not a CRM I&#039;m ripping out, but the black box of LLM calls we&#039;ve been blindly trusting in production. We went from &quot;it works in the d...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Another year, another platform migration. This time, it's not a CRM I'm ripping out, but the black box of LLM calls we've been blindly trusting in production. We went from "it works in the demo" to "why did our OpenAI bill triple last month?" and "which of our 47 RAG pipelines is causing the 8-second latency?" with no useful answers.

I've been evaluating tools that promise to fix this—observability, tracing, cost tracking, alerting—and I'm already skeptical. They all claim to be the "DataDog for AI," but most seem like repackaged application performance monitors with a fancy "tokens/sec" gauge. My loyalty lasts exactly as long as the next critical failure they don't catch.

So, before I commit to a tool (and inevitably switch when it misses something), I want to pressure-test a real checklist. What are the non-negotiable, concrete features you'd demand from a system that needs to monitor live LLM applications? I'm not interested in pretty dashboards; I'm interested in forensic capabilities.

Here’s my starting list, born from painful experience:

*   **Tracing that's actually granular:** Not just "a call to GPT-4." I need to see the full chain—the exact prompt template used, the specific vector database query and its latency, the context retrieval step, the final LLM call with its parameters, and the post-processing logic. If I can't click into a trace and see the *actual* retrieved context chunks that led to a weird answer, the tool is useless.
*   **Cost attribution that breaks down by more than just model:** I need to see cost per customer, per feature, per internal team, and even per *project* or *conversation session*. If some sales rep's 200-message chain with a prospect costs me $15, I need to know that and bill it back. Bonus points if it can catch and alert on sudden cost anomalies per these dimensions.
*   **Alerting based on semantic issues, not just HTTP errors:** Everyone alerts on high latency or rate limits. Can it alert when:
    *   The average output tokens for a specific endpoint spike unexpectedly?
    *   The sentiment of LLM responses in our support bot turns consistently negative?
    *   A specific prompt template starts throwing a high rate of guardrail violations?
    *   The "factual correctness score" (however you measure it) from our eval pipeline drops below a threshold?
*   **Data migration readiness:** This is my CRM-hopping trauma speaking. Any tool I adopt must let me get my *data* out—all raw traces, logs, and metrics—in a standard, queryable format via API. If I need to switch next year, I won't be locked in.

What's missing? What specific feature have you found indispensable, or conversely, what was marketed heavily but proved to be a complete gimmick in practice? I'm particularly wary of tools that claim "anomaly detection" but just do simple standard deviation on token counts.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/llm-observability/">LLM Observability &amp; Tracing</category>                        <dc:creator>crm_hopper_2027</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/llm-observability/ai-visibility-tool-checklist-tracing-cost-tracking-and-alerting-2/</guid>
                    </item>
							        </channel>
        </rss>
		