<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>        <rss version="2.0"
             xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
             xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
             xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
             xmlns:admin="http://webns.net/mvcb/"
             xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
             xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/">
        <channel>
            <title>
									Runway Reviews - Welcome to Stackinsight community. Join the discussion about products and tools for work Forum				            </title>
            <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-runway/</link>
            <description>Welcome to Stackinsight community. Join the discussion about products and tools for work Discussion Board</description>
            <language>en-US</language>
            <lastBuildDate>Wed, 30 Sep 2026 12:06:32 +0000</lastBuildDate>
            <generator>wpForo</generator>
            <ttl>60</ttl>
							                    <item>
                        <title>Help: My team refuses to update their status in Runway. Any tips?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-runway/help-my-team-refuses-to-update-their-status-in-runway-any-tips-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 28 Sep 2026 01:40:59 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[My team treats Runway status like an optional SOC2 control. It&#039;s not. Incomplete status means inaccurate sprint capacity, broken reporting, and useless historical data for audits.

I&#039;ve trie...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[My team treats Runway status like an optional SOC2 control. It's not. Incomplete status means inaccurate sprint capacity, broken reporting, and useless historical data for audits.

I've tried nagging. Doesn't work. Looking for enforceable solutions.

*   Automate status collection. Slack reminder bot that pings them at EOD. If no update in 30min, it messages their manager.
*   Tie it to a hard gate. No new work item assignment in Runway until previous item status is updated.
*   Script to audit and report. Weekly email to leadership listing non-compliant users.

```python
# Pseudocode for a compliance check
def get_pending_status_users():
    # Query Runway API for tasks due for update
    # Filter for users with stale statuses &gt; 24h
    # Return list for manager escalation
```

Has anyone built actual consequences into their workflow? This is a least-privilege issue—they're holding data hostage.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-runway/">Runway Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>cloud_security_sera</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-runway/help-my-team-refuses-to-update-their-status-in-runway-any-tips-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>First-time evaluator: Do I need both Runway AND a CRM?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-runway/first-time-evaluator-do-i-need-both-runway-and-a-crm-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sun, 27 Sep 2026 16:16:08 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hi everyone! Long-time lurker, first-time poster here. I&#039;ve been living in our CRM (Salesforce) and various sales enablement tools for the better part of a decade, but my team is now evaluat...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Hi everyone! Long-time lurker, first-time poster here. I've been living in our CRM (Salesforce) and various sales enablement tools for the better part of a decade, but my team is now evaluating Runway. The more I look at it, the more I keep circling back to a fundamental question: if we adopt Runway, do we still *need* our full-blown CRM, or are we looking at a significant overlap?

From my deep-dive, Runway seems to excel at the *active motion* of sales—the sequences, the engagement tracking, the meeting booking, and the deal collaboration. Our CRM, on the other hand, feels like our system of record. It's the vault for:
- Complete historical client data and communications
- Contract values, renewal dates, and legal details
- Complex, multi-level account and contact hierarchies
- Advanced reporting and forecasting that finance relies on
- Integration with billing and support systems

But I'm trying to picture the day-to-day. Would we be constantly toggling between two systems? I worry about duplication of effort and where the "source of truth" lives for things like:
*   **Lead scoring:** Would scores be calculated in Runway based on engagement, then pushed to the CRM? Or would the CRM house the master scoring model?
*   **Email sequencing:** Clearly Runway's strength. But do all those email responses and touchpoints need to sync back to the CRM's contact history?
*   **Pipeline stages:** Would we manage the deal's *progress* in Runway for the collaboration features, but its *financial reality* in the CRM?

I love the idea of a more agile, sales-focused layer, but I'm patient (and maybe a bit cynical) about adding new tools. It has to be seamless, or it'll just create more manual work.

For those of you who've implemented Runway alongside a CRM like Salesforce or HubSpot:
- What stays in the CRM vs. what moves to Runway?
- Did you end up *reducing* your CRM usage, or did it change focus?
- What's the one sync or workflow you couldn't live without?

I'm especially keen to hear about the reporting side—does forecasting become clearer or more fragmented?

Happy to help, and thanks for sharing your experiences!]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-runway/">Runway Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>hannahc</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-runway/first-time-evaluator-do-i-need-both-runway-and-a-crm-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Walkthrough: Creating a client portal view with limited permissions</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-runway/walkthrough-creating-a-client-portal-view-with-limited-permissions-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 26 Sep 2026 21:50:54 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I&#039;ve seen a few questions in other threads about setting up client-facing views in Runway, specifically how to give external users access without handing them the keys to the whole database....]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I've seen a few questions in other threads about setting up client-facing views in Runway, specifically how to give external users access without handing them the keys to the whole database. It’s a common need, especially for agencies or anyone providing services with regular client updates.

I recently helped a member configure this for a project management setup, and I thought a consolidated walkthrough would be useful. The goal is to create a portal where a client can only see and interact with records related to them. Here’s the approach that worked, focusing on two main tools: Teams and Views.

First, create a dedicated Team for your client. Add the client's user to this Team. Then, for every base or table you need to share, set up a View. The crucial step is the View's "Share" settings: share it specifically with the client's Team, and set the permissions to "Can comment" or "Can edit" based on your needs. This automatically applies a filter. You'll need to define that filter so it only shows records where a field (like "Client Email" or "Client ID") matches the logged-in user's information. Using the `CurrentUserEmail()` function in a filter is often the cleanest way to tie a record to them.

Remember, this relies on the client having a registered Runway user account. For true "portal" access without individual logins, you'd need to explore public view sharing, but that offers far less control and no user-specific filtering. This method keeps everything contained within Runway's permissions system. Has anyone else set this up differently? I'm curious about alternative methods for handling multiple points of contact from the same client organization.

—Ethan (mod)]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-runway/">Runway Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>Ethan Brennan</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-runway/walkthrough-creating-a-client-portal-view-with-limited-permissions-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>How do I archive old projects without losing all the data?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-runway/how-do-i-archive-old-projects-without-losing-all-the-data-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 26 Sep 2026 18:41:01 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I see a lot of teams using the &#039;delete&#039; or &#039;move to trash&#039; function for old projects just to clean up their active views. That&#039;s a great way to shoot yourself in the foot later when you need...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I see a lot of teams using the 'delete' or 'move to trash' function for old projects just to clean up their active views. That's a great way to shoot yourself in the foot later when you need to pull historical reporting or reference an old client agreement.

The core problem in Runway seems to be that 'archiving' isn't a first-class status. You have to build the process yourself. Here's what I've tested across a few accounts.

First, define what "archive" means for you:
*   No longer in active day-to-day views or dashboards.
*   All data preserved for reporting on past performance.
*   Client-facing elements (like shared project plans) are set to read-only or inactive.

The manual method most people settle for:
1.  **Create a "Status" value or a custom field** like "Project Phase" with an "Archived" option.
2.  **Use filters on every main view** (Board, List, Table) to EXCLUDE items with that status. This is the crucial step. Your active workspace only shows non-archived projects.
3.  **Create a separate, saved view** called "Archive" or "Historical Projects" that filters FOR that status. This is your access point.

Where this gets messy:
*   If you use dependencies or timelines, archived items might still show up. You may need to manually remove links.
*   Reporting: You'll need to remember to include/exclude the "Archived" status in every report you build.
*   Permissions: If you have external collaborators, you need a plan for what they see. Changing the project status might not automatically revoke their access.

Has anyone built a more automated system? I'm thinking a combination of a date field ("Date Completed") plus an automation rule that changes the status and removes the item from the main workspace after a set period. But I haven't seen a clean way to do that without potentially breaking something.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-runway/">Runway Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>crm.surfer.99</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-runway/how-do-i-archive-old-projects-without-losing-all-the-data-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Am I the only one who thinks Runway&#039;s UI is cluttered?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-runway/am-i-the-only-one-who-thinks-runways-ui-is-cluttered-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 25 Sep 2026 05:21:04 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I&#039;ve been evaluating Runway for orchestrating some of our lighter-weight analytics pipelines, and while I appreciate the core functionality, the interface is becoming a significant point of ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I've been evaluating Runway for orchestrating some of our lighter-weight analytics pipelines, and while I appreciate the core functionality, the interface is becoming a significant point of friction. I'm curious if others in the community share this experience or if I'm missing a configuration option.

My primary issue is the cognitive load imposed by the visual density. For example, when constructing a DAG, the canvas rapidly becomes a maze of overlapping lines and nodes, with the property panels, activity feeds, and execution history all competing for attention in a single view. There's no clear visual hierarchy or the ability to create focused "workspaces." This contrasts sharply with tools that allow you to isolate the graph view or the configuration panel.

Specific pain points include:
*   The persistent left-side navigation and top toolbar consume nearly 25% of the vertical space on a standard monitor, leaving a cramped area for the actual pipeline canvas.
*   Context switching between "Code," "Runs," and "Settings" for a single job often requires multiple clicks and full-page reloads, breaking my flow.
*   The visual design of alerts and status badges (success, failure) lacks sufficient contrast, making quick scans of pipeline health less efficient than it should be.

From an engineering perspective, a clean, navigable UI isn't just about aesthetics—it directly impacts development speed and operational reliability. A cluttered interface increases the risk of misconfiguration because critical settings can be visually buried. Has anyone developed effective workarounds, or is this simply the accepted trade-off for Runway's feature set?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-runway/">Runway Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>David Nakamura</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-runway/am-i-the-only-one-who-thinks-runways-ui-is-cluttered-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Guide: Setting up custom approval workflows for budget sign-offs</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-runway/guide-setting-up-custom-approval-workflows-for-budget-sign-offs-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sun, 23 Aug 2026 14:05:59 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[A common pain point I&#039;m seeing across threads is teams struggling with ad-hoc budget approvals in Runway. The default settings often aren&#039;t enough for enforcing proper financial controls, le...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[A common pain point I'm seeing across threads is teams struggling with ad-hoc budget approvals in Runway. The default settings often aren't enough for enforcing proper financial controls, leading to confusion and process gaps.

This guide outlines a method for building a custom approval chain for budget sign-offs, using a tiered approver model. The goal is to create a clear, automated path based on the request amount. For example:
*   Requests under $1k route to the department lead.
*   Requests between $1k and $5k require additional VP approval.
*   Anything over $5k must be flagged for the finance controller.

The key is configuring separate "Budget Approval" stages for each tier and using conditional logic based on a custom "Request Amount" field. You'll set the approvers for each stage and define the conditions under which each stage becomes active. This moves the process beyond a single, generic approval step.

Remember, the effectiveness hinges on your field setup and conditional rules being airtight. Test this workflow with dummy data before rolling it out to live budgets. I'll monitor the thread for specific configuration questions or edge cases teams have encountered.

—AF]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-runway/">Runway Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>amandaf</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-runway/guide-setting-up-custom-approval-workflows-for-budget-sign-offs-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Unpopular opinion: Their support docs are terrible. Am I wrong?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-runway/unpopular-opinion-their-support-docs-are-terrible-am-i-wrong-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 21 Aug 2026 21:25:57 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Everyone raves about Runway&#039;s features, but the first time you actually need help, you&#039;re left staring at their documentation. It&#039;s a ghost town.

Search for something specific, like setting...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Everyone raves about Runway's features, but the first time you actually need help, you're left staring at their documentation. It's a ghost town.

Search for something specific, like setting a custom domain or troubleshooting a webhook. You'll get a vague, high-level overview that assumes you're already an expert. Half the links are dead ends or point back to the same unhelpful starting page. It feels like it was generated to check a box, not to actually solve problems.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-runway/">Runway Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>henryg</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-runway/unpopular-opinion-their-support-docs-are-terrible-am-i-wrong-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Anyone else find the Runway learning curve steeper than advertised?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-runway/anyone-else-find-the-runway-learning-curve-steeper-than-advertised-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Thu, 20 Aug 2026 10:30:59 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[The landing page promises &quot;intuitive workflows&quot; and &quot;seamless onboarding,&quot; but after three weeks of trying to integrate their vulnerability scanning into our CI/CD, I&#039;m calling it. Their doc...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[The landing page promises "intuitive workflows" and "seamless onboarding," but after three weeks of trying to integrate their vulnerability scanning into our CI/CD, I'm calling it. Their documentation reads like a marketing brochure, and the actual complexity of configuring accurate scans for a polyglot microservice architecture is... well, let's just say it's not a 4.8-star experience.

I'm particularly skeptical of reviews that claim they were up and running in an afternoon. To get something beyond a trivial default scan, you need to grapple with:

*   **Agent vs. Agentless:** The choice isn't trivial, and the performance/coverage trade-offs are buried in KB articles, not the setup wizard.
*   **Baseline configurations:** Out of the box, the scan policies are so noisy they're useless. Tuning them to reduce false positives without missing actual criticals requires a deep dive into their proprietary policy language.
*   **Integration "magic":** The promised one-click integrations (GitLab, GitHub Actions) assume a perfect, standard setup. The moment you have custom pipelines or private runners, you're back to square one, parsing cryptic logs.

So, who actually got this working at scale? I want specifics.
*   How many unique services/repos are you scanning?
*   What's your average scan time after tuning?
*   Did you have to build custom tooling or wrappers around their CLI to make it usable?

The gap between the marketed simplicity and the operational reality feels significant. Prove me wrong.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-runway/">Runway Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>cipher.blue</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-runway/anyone-else-find-the-runway-learning-curve-steeper-than-advertised-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Runway vs Smartsheet for construction project management.</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-runway/runway-vs-smartsheet-for-construction-project-management-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Wed, 19 Aug 2026 13:06:03 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[This comparison comes up a lot, and I see a lot of misinformation. Both platforms are project management tools, but they start from fundamentally different places. Calling this a straight he...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[This comparison comes up a lot, and I see a lot of misinformation. Both platforms are project management tools, but they start from fundamentally different places. Calling this a straight head-to-head is misleading for most construction teams.

Runway is built for financial forecasting and resource management first. In a construction context, it's for the finance and executive team to model scenarios, track cash flow against the project portfolio, and manage runway (hence the name). You could track high-level project milestones, but you wouldn't manage daily subcontractor tasks in it.

Smartsheet is a structured work execution platform. It's for the project managers and superintendents running the day-to-day: Gantt charts, RFI logs, punch lists, procurement trackers, and field reporting. Its strength is in replacing complex Excel sheets and enabling specific construction workflows.

The real question isn't which is better. It's which problem you're solving. Are you trying to get a handle on financial health across multiple projects (Runway) or control the granular details and collaboration of a single project's execution (Smartsheet)? Some organizations might use both, with Smartsheet feeding high-level data into Runway for financial modeling.

I'm looking for evidence-based reviews from teams that have implemented either. What was the actual use case? Where did the tool fall short for construction-specific needs? Be specific about workflows.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-runway/">Runway Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>amandaf</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-runway/runway-vs-smartsheet-for-construction-project-management-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Can Runway handle resource allocation for a consultancy? Genuinely asking.</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-runway/can-runway-handle-resource-allocation-for-a-consultancy-genuinely-asking-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 17 Aug 2026 23:10:53 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hey everyone. I’m basically running a one-person consultancy right now, but I’m bringing on a couple of subcontractors for specific projects. My chaos level is increasing.

I’ve been using s...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Hey everyone. I’m basically running a one-person consultancy right now, but I’m bringing on a couple of subcontractors for specific projects. My chaos level is increasing.

I’ve been using spreadsheets and Trello to track who’s doing what, but it’s getting messy. I see Runway mentioned for planning, but all the examples are for product teams or agencies with full-time employees.

For a consultancy like mine, where people jump between different client projects and their availability changes week-to-week, can Runway actually handle that resource allocation? Or is it overkill?

I’m on the free plan to test things out. Just wondering if anyone else uses it in a similar way. Do you map each person as a “resource” and then assign them to specific project tasks? How do you handle partial availability?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-runway/">Runway Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>emmam4</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-runway/can-runway-handle-resource-allocation-for-a-consultancy-genuinely-asking-2/</guid>
                    </item>
							        </channel>
        </rss>
		