<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>        <rss version="2.0"
             xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
             xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
             xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
             xmlns:admin="http://webns.net/mvcb/"
             xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
             xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/">
        <channel>
            <title>
									Relevance AI Reviews - Welcome to Stackinsight community. Join the discussion about products and tools for work Forum				            </title>
            <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-relevance-ai/</link>
            <description>Welcome to Stackinsight community. Join the discussion about products and tools for work Discussion Board</description>
            <language>en-US</language>
            <lastBuildDate>Fri, 02 Oct 2026 19:22:09 +0000</lastBuildDate>
            <generator>wpForo</generator>
            <ttl>60</ttl>
							                    <item>
                        <title>What retrieval pipeline actually works for a 100k document medical library</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-relevance-ai/what-retrieval-pipeline-actually-works-for-a-100k-document-medical-library-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 28 Sep 2026 20:00:51 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hi everyone! I&#039;ve been tasked with helping our medical research team set up an internal knowledge base using Relevance AI. We have a library of around 100,000 documents—mostly PDFs of clinic...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Hi everyone! I've been tasked with helping our medical research team set up an internal knowledge base using Relevance AI. We have a library of around 100,000 documents—mostly PDFs of clinical studies, whitepapers, and regulatory guidelines. The goal is to have a chatbot that can accurately answer specific questions from this collection.

I've gone through the tutorials and set up a basic pipeline with chunking and embedding, but the answers I'm getting back are... not great. They either pull from completely unrelated documents or miss the key details. I think my chunking strategy might be wrong for such dense, technical material.

What retrieval pipeline configuration has actually worked for you at this scale, especially with complex text? I'm particularly unsure about:
* Chunk size and overlap for long, detail-heavy PDFs.
* Whether to use their hybrid search (keyword + vector) or stick with just vector.
* Any pre-processing steps you found critical for medical or scientific texts.

I really want to make this useful for the team, but I'm stuck on making the retrieval precise enough. Any guidance from your experiences would be a lifesaver!

Thanks!]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-relevance-ai/">Relevance AI Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>Emma E.</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-relevance-ai/what-retrieval-pipeline-actually-works-for-a-100k-document-medical-library-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Best semantic search solution for a hybrid cloud environment under 100 users</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-relevance-ai/best-semantic-search-solution-for-a-hybrid-cloud-environment-under-100-users-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sun, 27 Sep 2026 13:56:04 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hi everyone, I&#039;ve been lurking for a bit and finally decided to post. I&#039;m in the middle of a classic demo fatigue spiral, and I&#039;m hoping you can help me cut through it.

We&#039;re a team of abou...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a bit and finally decided to post. I'm in the middle of a classic demo fatigue spiral, and I'm hoping you can help me cut through it.

We're a team of about 50, and our infrastructure is a bit of a patchwork—some apps and data are on AWS, others are on-premise legacy systems. We need to implement a semantic search solution that can securely index and search across both environments. The dream is a unified search bar for our internal docs, support tickets, and code repos. My boss has given me a firm budget that basically rules out the huge enterprise platforms.

I've been looking at Relevance AI, and on the surface, it seems like it could fit. But I'm struggling to find clear info on how it handles hybrid setups. Is the agent framework overkill if we just need search right now? Also, I've seen a few mentions of Pinecone and Weaviate being more "infrastructure-native."

So my core questions are:
1. For a hybrid cloud/on-prem environment, is Relevance AI's architecture a good fit, or does it add complexity?
2. How does it compare, cost-wise and setup-wise, to rolling something with Weaviate or Elasticsearch for under 100 users?
3. Does anyone have real-world experience with the trial? I'm worried about hitting a wall after the POC when we scale to our full document set.

I'd be so grateful for any hands-on insights. The marketing sites all make it look easy, but I know the devil's in the details with these integrations.

New here!]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-relevance-ai/">Relevance AI Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>hannahm</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-relevance-ai/best-semantic-search-solution-for-a-hybrid-cloud-environment-under-100-users-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>News reaction: They added a free tier with 100 runs/month. Good for testing, but then what?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-relevance-ai/news-reaction-they-added-a-free-tier-with-100-runs-month-good-for-testing-but-then-what-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 26 Sep 2026 17:55:51 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Just saw the announcement. A free tier is a smart move to lower the barrier for testing.

But 100 runs/month feels like you&#039;d hit the limit in a single afternoon of real tinkering. My immedi...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Just saw the announcement. A free tier is a smart move to lower the barrier for testing.

But 100 runs/month feels like you'd hit the limit in a single afternoon of real tinkering. My immediate questions:
* What's the actual cost jump to a usable dev/staging pipeline?
* Does the pricing model scale linearly, or are there steep jumps?
* Has anyone here moved a real workflow from prototype to production? What was the actual ROI after the migration effort?

For a simple doc Q&amp;A bot, I'm curious:
* How many runs does a typical user session consume?
* Is the run count only for successful completions, or do failed attempts also count?

—CR]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-relevance-ai/">Relevance AI Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>CarlosR</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-relevance-ai/news-reaction-they-added-a-free-tier-with-100-runs-month-good-for-testing-but-then-what-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Guide: Avoiding common pitfalls with the &#039;if/else&#039; node - conditional logic examples</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-relevance-ai/guide-avoiding-common-pitfalls-with-the-if-else-node-conditional-logic-examples-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 25 Sep 2026 15:16:35 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hi everyone! &#x1f44b; I&#039;ve been living in Relevance AI for a few months now, building out sales and lead management workflows, and I keep seeing the same few hiccups pop up when people star...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Hi everyone! &#x1f44b; I've been living in Relevance AI for a few months now, building out sales and lead management workflows, and I keep seeing the same few hiccups pop up when people start using the 'if/else' node for conditional logic. It's such a powerful tool for routing leads, personalizing messages, and automating decisions, but a small misconfiguration can send your data down the wrong path. I wanted to share some concrete examples and patterns that have saved me a lot of headaches.

The most common pitfall I see is **not accounting for all possible conditions**. It's easy to set up an "if" and an "else," but your data might have more than two states. For instance, when scoring a lead based on website activity:

*   **Pitfall:** Checking only if a page visit count is "greater than 5" for a 'High Intent' tag, and everything else falls into 'Low Intent'.
*   **The Problem:** What about the lead that visited exactly 5 pages? Or the one with 0 visits? They might get lump into 'Low Intent' by your `else` clause, which might not be accurate.
*   **Better Approach:** Use chained conditions or a "switch" logic to be explicit.
    *   Condition 1: `if` visits &gt; 10 → Score: 'Very High'
    *   Condition 2: `else if` visits &gt; 5 → Score: 'High'
    *   Condition 3: `else if` visits &gt;= 1 → Score: 'Warm'
    *   `else` → Score: 'Cold'

Another tricky area is **comparing data types correctly**. Relevance AI fields can hold numbers, text, dates, and true/false states. Comparing them improperly is a silent error.

*   **Example:** You have a lead score saved as a text string "85", and you write a condition `if` lead_score &gt; 80. This might fail because you're comparing a text string to a number.
*   **Solution:** You often need to use a `Convert Data Type` node before your condition to change that "85" into an integer `85`. Always double-check the data type in your input variable panel.

Here's a real-life snippet from a workflow I use for email sequencing. The goal is to check a lead's title and company size to decide which case study to send.

**Condition Setup:**
*   **If** `Job Title` contains "Founder" OR "CEO"
    *   **And If** `Company Employee Count` &gt; 100
    *   **Then:** Send "Enterprise Scale" case study.
*   **Else If** `Job Title` contains "Manager" OR "Director"
    *   **Then:** Send "Team Efficiency" case study.
*   **Else:**
    *   Send generic "Product Overview" asset.

The key here is using the "OR" operator within a single field check, and the "And If" to layer criteria. It feels very natural once you map it out.

My final piece of advice is to **always test with edge cases**. Run a test where the field is empty, or has an unexpected format (like "N/A" in a number field). That's where your `else` path becomes a safety net, and you might discover you need an initial condition to handle invalid data before your main logic runs. It turns your workflow from fragile to robust.

Hope this helps you build more reliable automations! Happy to help.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-relevance-ai/">Relevance AI Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>hannahc</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-relevance-ai/guide-avoiding-common-pitfalls-with-the-if-else-node-conditional-logic-examples-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Relevance AI vs Make.com - which handles complex logic better in your experience?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-relevance-ai/relevance-ai-vs-make-com-which-handles-complex-logic-better-in-your-experience-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 25 Sep 2026 11:46:27 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Having spent a considerable amount of time analyzing execution logs from various automation platforms to diagnose workflow failures and ensure compliance with data handling rules, I&#039;ve devel...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Having spent a considerable amount of time analyzing execution logs from various automation platforms to diagnose workflow failures and ensure compliance with data handling rules, I've developed a specific perspective on what constitutes "complex logic" in these systems. For me, complexity isn't just about the number of steps; it's about the predictability of execution paths, the clarity of error logging, and the ability to enforce conditional branching based on detailed data inspection. With that lens, I've been evaluating both Relevance AI and Make.com for orchestrating processes that involve data validation, approval routing, and audit event generation.

My primary interest lies in how each platform manages decision trees that require interrogating the structure and content of data from previous steps, particularly when dealing with semi-structured logs or API responses. For instance, a workflow might need to:

*   Parse a CloudTrail `eventRecord` from an SQS queue, extract the `errorCode`, and branch based on whether it's a `403` or a `404`.
*   Compare values from two different data sources (like a user ID from a Datadog log against a master list in a PostgreSQL table) and only proceed if there's a match *and* a timestamp condition is met.
*   Implement a retry loop with exponential backoff for a flaky API, but only for specific HTTP status codes, while logging each attempt distinctly for audit purposes.

In Make.com, I've historically relied on routers and filters to build these logic chains. The visual layout is clear for linear processes, but I've found that deeply nested conditions, or logic that requires temporary variables to hold state between modules, can become visually sprawling and difficult to trace in the audit history. The log for a complex scenario shows the module execution, but reconstructing the exact decision path sometimes requires piecing together data from multiple filter branches.

Relevance AI, with its code-based approach, seems to offer a different paradigm. The ability to write a Python function within a workflow step ostensibly allows for more sophisticated conditional handling, error trapping, and data transformation inline. For a compliance check, you could write a function that performs multiple validations and returns a complex object dictating the next steps.

My concrete question for the community is: In practice, which platform provides more robust and *auditable* handling for such multi-condition logic? I am particularly concerned with:

*   **Traceability:** When a workflow makes a decision, is the exact logic and the data values that triggered the branch unequivocally recorded in the platform's execution logs? Can I easily answer *why* it took path A instead of path B six weeks later during an audit?
*   **Error Handling:** How gracefully does each platform handle exceptions within a complex logic block? Does it fail the entire scenario, or can it be designed to log the error and branch to a remediation step?
*   **Data Manipulation:** Which tool requires fewer "glue steps" to prepare data for a logical comparison? For example, if I need to check if a string from an API contains any items from a list, can that be done in a condition builder, or does it require a separate function/script?

I am leaning towards the hypothesis that a code-based approach inherently offers more precision for complex logic, but I am wary of the potential trade-off in transparency for non-developer auditors. Make.com's visual map might be easier to explain in a SOX review, even if it's more cumbersome to build. I would be very interested to see comparative examples of the same logic implemented in both. For instance, a workflow that processes a hypothetical security log entry:

```json
{
  "timestamp": "2024-05-15T10:00:00Z",
  "user": "alice@example.com",
  "action": "DELETE",
  "resource": "s3://bucket-a/audit.log",
  "source_ip": "192.168.1.100",
  "status": "FAILURE",
  "error_detail": "AccessDenied"
}
```

The logic requirements could be: If the action is `DELETE` AND the status is `FAILURE` AND the error_detail contains either `AccessDenied` or `UnauthorizedOperation` AND the source_ip is NOT in a defined allowlist, then create a high-priority incident; otherwise, if only the first two conditions are met, log it for weekly review. Implementing this with multiple `AND`/`OR` combinations and a negative match (`NOT in list`) is the kind of scenario I'm examining.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-relevance-ai/">Relevance AI Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>auditlog</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-relevance-ai/relevance-ai-vs-make-com-which-handles-complex-logic-better-in-your-experience-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Just hit a major bug - the workflow editor corrupted my agent. Always export your JSON!</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-relevance-ai/just-hit-a-major-bug-the-workflow-editor-corrupted-my-agent-always-export-your-json-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Thu, 24 Sep 2026 23:41:18 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I was conducting a routine iteration on a complex customer segmentation agent within the Relevance AI workflow editor today when I encountered what I can only classify as a critical data int...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I was conducting a routine iteration on a complex customer segmentation agent within the Relevance AI workflow editor today when I encountered what I can only classify as a critical data integrity bug. The incident resulted in the complete and irreversible corruption of a production-grade agent configuration, necessitating a full rebuild from a backup. The purpose of this post is to document the failure mode and issue a stark warning to other users regarding the necessity of manual version control.

The sequence of events was as follows:
1.  I opened an existing workflow containing a chain of three agents (data fetcher, logic processor, output formatter).
2.  I made a minor adjustment to the prompt template within the "logic processor" agent, specifically altering a classification criterion.
3.  Upon clicking "Save &amp; Test," the interface hung for approximately 15 seconds before returning a generic "Update Failed" error.
4.  Refreshing the page revealed the workflow canvas was intact, but the "logic processor" agent node was now empty. Clicking into its configuration showed all fields (system prompt, instructions, tools, model settings) had been cleared.

The most troubling aspect is that the corruption was not merely a UI glitch. Querying the Relevance AI API directly for the agent's configuration returned a near-null object. The platform's inherent version history was of no use, as the save operation that corrupted the agent appears to have overwritten the last good state. This suggests a lack of transactional integrity in their update mechanism.

I was only able to recover because I have a disciplined, external backup regimen. I export the JSON definition of any non-trivial agent immediately after creation and after any significant modification. The JSON structure is comprehensive and can be re-imported to recreate the agent identically.

**Immediate Recommendation:** If you are not already doing so, manually export your agent configurations. Do not rely solely on the platform's auto-save or history features. The export function is found under the agent's "Settings" tab. Consider this a mandatory step in your workflow, akin to committing code to a repository.

My recovered agent configuration (anonymized) illustrates what the export captures:

```json
{
  "name": "Segment_Classifier_V2",
  "description": "Classifies users into lifecycle stages based on event history.",
  "model": "gpt-4-turbo-preview",
  "model_settings": {
    "temperature": 0.1,
    "max_tokens": 500
  },
  "system_prompt": "You are a precise analytics classifier...",
  "instructions": ,
  "tools": 
}
```

This incident raises serious questions about the robustness of the workflow editor's state management. For a platform built on orchestrating complex, data-driven operations, such a failure mode is unacceptable. I am interested to know if others have experienced similar data loss events, and what, if any, communication or remediation has been provided by the Relevance AI team. My support ticket is still pending.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-relevance-ai/">Relevance AI Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>Brian K.</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-relevance-ai/just-hit-a-major-bug-the-workflow-editor-corrupted-my-agent-always-export-your-json-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>What&#039;s the best practice for error handling? Do you just let the whole workflow fail?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-relevance-ai/whats-the-best-practice-for-error-handling-do-you-just-let-the-whole-workflow-fail-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Tue, 25 Aug 2026 03:10:55 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hey everyone! &#x1f44b;

I&#039;ve been building some pretty complex data pipelines in Relevance AI lately, and I keep hitting the same question: what&#039;s the smartest way to handle errors? When a ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Hey everyone! &#x1f44b;

I've been building some pretty complex data pipelines in Relevance AI lately, and I keep hitting the same question: what's the smartest way to handle errors? When a step fails, do you just let the whole workflow crash and burn? That feels... harsh.

In my Zapier days, I'd set up elaborate fail-safes with paths and alerts. But with Relevance's more powerful building blocks, I'm curious how others are designing for resilience. For example:
* Are you using conditional steps to check for errors and route data accordingly?
* Do you have a standard "dead letter" step to capture and log failed items for review?
* How are you handling API timeouts or partial data from a tool like Airtable?

I had a workflow fail last week because one record out of a hundred had a malformed date field. It stopped everything! Now I'm experimenting with wrapping risky steps in a "try" logic block that sends errors to a Slack channel but lets the rest of the batch continue.

What's your go-to strategy? I'd love to compare notes and steal some best practices!

&#x1f680;]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-relevance-ai/">Relevance AI Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>gracem</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-relevance-ai/whats-the-best-practice-for-error-handling-do-you-just-let-the-whole-workflow-fail-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Relevance AI vs Bardeen for no-code automation - which one has a steeper learning curve?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-relevance-ai/relevance-ai-vs-bardeen-for-no-code-automation-which-one-has-a-steeper-learning-curve-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sun, 23 Aug 2026 18:46:28 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[As a practitioner deeply invested in workflow analytics and optimization, I have been evaluating no-code automation platforms for orchestrating data between our analytics stack and other bus...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[As a practitioner deeply invested in workflow analytics and optimization, I have been evaluating no-code automation platforms for orchestrating data between our analytics stack and other business tools. A common question that arises, particularly for teams with limited engineering bandwidth, is the initial learning investment required. Having conducted structured trials of both **Relevance AI** and **Bardeen**, I've documented a methodical comparison of their learning curves, focusing on core conceptual models and initial setup complexity.

The primary distinction lies in their foundational paradigms:
*   **Relevance AI** employs an **agent-based, chain-of-thought** architecture. You configure "agents" with specific instructions and tools (like search, calculations, or API calls), and then design "workflows" where these agents pass tasks and data sequentially or in parallel.
*   **Bardeen** utilizes a more familiar **trigger-action** model (if this, then that). You build "scenarios" where an event from one app (trigger) initiates a series of actions in other apps.

This fundamental difference directly impacts the initial learning curve. To illustrate, here is a comparison of the steps required to build a basic automation that finds a user's company info from an email and logs it to a spreadsheet.

**Relevance AI Workflow Example:**
```yaml
# This is a conceptual outline, not exact code.
Workflow: Enrich Lead from Email
1. Trigger: New email in Gmail labeled "Lead".
2. Agent: "Email Parser"
   - Instruction: Extract sender email address.
   - Output: email_address
3. Agent: "Company Enricher"
   - Instruction: Use Clearbit tool to find company details.
   - Input: ${email_address}
   - Output: company_name, industry, employee_count
4. Agent: "Sheet Logger"
   - Instruction: Format data and append row.
   - Tools: Google Sheets append row.
   - Input: ${email_address}, ${company_name}, ${industry}
```
This requires understanding agents, instructions, tool connections, and variable passing.

**Bardeen Scenario Equivalent:**
1.  Trigger: Select `Gmail` -&gt; `New email labeled`.
2.  Action: Select `Magic Fill` -&gt; `Extract company info from email`.
3.  Action: Select `Google Sheets` -&gt; `Add row to spreadsheet`.
The interface is largely point-and-click, mapping directly to the trigger-action sequence.

**Key Factors Contributing to Learning Curve:**

| Factor | Relevance AI | Bardeen |
| :--- | :--- | :--- |
| **Core Concept** | Orchestrating specialized AI agents. | Configuring conditional app sequences. |
| **Initial Setup** | Higher abstraction; requires defining agents and their interactions. | Lower abstraction; mirrors common automation thinking. |
| **AI Integration** | Central and mandatory; crafting effective instructions is a learned skill. | Often optional via "Magic Fields"; can be used without deep AI knowledge. |
| **Data Flow Control** | Explicit and powerful (variables, conditional branches, loops). | Implicit within actions; less granular control visible upfront. |
| **Documentation** | Necessitates understanding of AI agent principles. | Focuses on app-specific connector documentation. |

**Conclusion:** Based on this analysis, **Relevance AI inherently presents a steeper initial learning curve**. The cognitive load is higher because you must learn its agent-centric paradigm and how to effectively design instructions for reliability. Bardeen's trigger-action model is more immediately intuitive for users familiar with basic automation concepts. However, this steepness may correlate with greater long-term flexibility for complex, multi-step processes involving data transformation and decisioning. For teams primarily needing straightforward, app-to-app automation with occasional AI boosts, Bardeen's path to initial value is demonstrably faster. For those building intricate, AI-native data workflows, the investment in learning Relevance AI's model could be justified.

I am interested in hearing from others who have onboarded teams to either platform. What was your experience regarding training time and initial proficiency? Specifically, how many hours of practice did it take for a non-technical team member to build reliable automations independently?

— Amanda]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-relevance-ai/">Relevance AI Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>amandaj</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-relevance-ai/relevance-ai-vs-bardeen-for-no-code-automation-which-one-has-a-steeper-learning-curve-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Switched from n8n to Relevance AI for our marketing ops, here is why I regret it</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-relevance-ai/switched-from-n8n-to-relevance-ai-for-our-marketing-ops-here-is-why-i-regret-it/</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 21 Aug 2026 09:56:44 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[For the past three years, our team has relied on a self-hosted n8n instance to orchestrate our entire marketing operations pipeline. This included lead scoring from our Formspree forms, auto...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[For the past three years, our team has relied on a self-hosted n8n instance to orchestrate our entire marketing operations pipeline. This included lead scoring from our Formspree forms, automated content distribution to our self-hosted Plausible analytics, and complex customer segmentation pushed to our internal CRM. Recently, we were persuaded by the team to evaluate a cloud-native, AI-centric platform, Relevance AI, with the promise of simplifying our workflows through their "AI agents." After a three-month trial and a full migration, we have decisively rolled back to our self-hosted n8n setup. The regret is palpable, and I believe a detailed autopsy will be valuable for this community.

The core philosophical issue is a familiar one: the trade-off between control and convenience. Relevance AI abstracts away the fundamental logic of your workflows into opaque "agent" blocks. While this initially seems convenient, it immediately becomes a significant hurdle when you need to debug, customize, or ensure data sovereignty.

*   **Debugging Opacity:** In n8n, if a webhook fails or data transforms incorrectly, you inspect the execution precisely, node by node. In Relevance AI, you are presented with an agent's "output," but the internal reasoning or the exact steps taken are often unclear. When our lead enrichment agent began returning inconsistent company data, we had no way to trace which internal tool or API call was failing. The platform's logging is geared towards high-level observability, not granular troubleshooting.
*   **Vendor Lock-in &amp; Data Control:** All data processed by Relevance AI flows through their cloud. Despite assurances, this is a non-starter for handling PII or even basic contact information under our internal data governance policy. With n8n, everything remains within our own infrastructure.
*   **Cost Predictability:** n8n's cost is essentially the compute power of our VPS. Relevance AI's pricing, based on "AI agent runs" and "data processing units," became highly unpredictable. A sudden spike in form submissions led to a monthly bill that was 3x the initial estimate.

Technically, the limitations were stark when moving beyond simple demos. For instance, attempting to replicate a workflow that involved fetching data from our private Nextcloud instance, performing a custom Python transformation (a simple pandas script we had in a n8n `Function` node), and then updating a local database was nearly impossible.

In Relevance AI, we would have needed to:
1.  Expose our internal Nextcloud API to the public internet (a security veto).
2.  Attempt to wrap the pandas script into a custom "tool," which required containerizing it and deploying it to a separate cloud service they could call—adding immense complexity.
3.  Configure database credentials within their UI, again trusting a third-party with direct access.

In n8n, the same workflow is contained, secure, and transparent:

```json
// n8n node configuration snippet (simplified)
{
  "nodes": 
}
```

Ultimately, Relevance AI excels at quickly prototyping AI-powered chat interfaces over your documents. However, for robust, production-grade business process automation where transparency, control, and data locality are paramount, it represents a significant step backward. The allure of "AI agents" should not distract from the fundamental requirements of maintainable and sovereign automation. We have now reinvested in our n8n infrastructure, implementing more complex error handling and even some local LLM inference nodes, and have never been more confident in our setup.

Take back control.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-relevance-ai/">Relevance AI Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>georgek</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-relevance-ai/switched-from-n8n-to-relevance-ai-for-our-marketing-ops-here-is-why-i-regret-it/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Unpopular opinion: Relevance AI&#039;s templates are basically useless for serious business logic</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-relevance-ai/unpopular-opinion-relevance-ais-templates-are-basically-useless-for-serious-business-logic-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Thu, 20 Aug 2026 16:20:54 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Everyone&#039;s raving about the templates. They look slick in the demo. Try to use one for anything beyond a basic demo, and you&#039;ll hit a wall.

The core problems:
* **Hidden compute costs:** Th...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Everyone's raving about the templates. They look slick in the demo. Try to use one for anything beyond a basic demo, and you'll hit a wall.

The core problems:
* **Hidden compute costs:** They abstract away the underlying LLM calls. No fine-grained control, no easy way to estimate or cap costs when scaling. It's a black box that will burn budget.
* **Lock-in to their flow:** Custom business logic? You're fighting their pre-built chains. You end up hacking around the template more than using it.
* **Vendor pricing on top of vendor pricing:** You pay for Relevance AI's platform *and* you pay for the LLM API calls (OpenAI, Anthropic, etc.). The template layer adds zero cost optimization.

Example: Their "customer support" template. Real triage needs integration with your ticketing system, conditional logic based on SLAs, and cost-aware routing to cheaper models for simple queries. The template doesn't give you the knobs. You're better off building a minimal agent with the SDKs directly.

It's middleware that adds complexity without solving the hard parts: cost control and integration.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-relevance-ai/">Relevance AI Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>cloud_bill_shock</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-relevance-ai/unpopular-opinion-relevance-ais-templates-are-basically-useless-for-serious-business-logic-2/</guid>
                    </item>
							        </channel>
        </rss>
		