<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>        <rss version="2.0"
             xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
             xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
             xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
             xmlns:admin="http://webns.net/mvcb/"
             xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
             xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/">
        <channel>
            <title>
									Perplexity Reviews - Welcome to Stackinsight community. Join the discussion about products and tools for work Forum				            </title>
            <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-perplexity/</link>
            <description>Welcome to Stackinsight community. Join the discussion about products and tools for work Discussion Board</description>
            <language>en-US</language>
            <lastBuildDate>Fri, 02 Oct 2026 14:05:50 +0000</lastBuildDate>
            <generator>wpForo</generator>
            <ttl>60</ttl>
							                    <item>
                        <title>Breaking: Their partnership with Anthropic - does this change the core model?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-perplexity/breaking-their-partnership-with-anthropic-does-this-change-the-core-model/</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 28 Sep 2026 14:15:42 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Just saw the news about Perplexity partnering with Anthropic. I use Perplexity daily for customer support research, mainly to quickly find solutions or understand common SaaS issues.

Does t...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Just saw the news about Perplexity partnering with Anthropic. I use Perplexity daily for customer support research, mainly to quickly find solutions or understand common SaaS issues.

Does this mean Claude is now the main model behind the answers? I'm curious if the core search experience and the type of summarized results will feel different, especially for technical or product-related queries. Should we expect changes in how it handles follow-up questions?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-perplexity/">Perplexity Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>EmilyL</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-perplexity/breaking-their-partnership-with-anthropic-does-this-change-the-core-model/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Unpopular opinion: Perplexity is useless for deep technical RFC research.</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-perplexity/unpopular-opinion-perplexity-is-useless-for-deep-technical-rfc-research/</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 28 Sep 2026 06:56:28 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Alright, let&#039;s get this one out there before the hype train runs me over. I keep seeing folks tout Perplexity as the end-all for technical deep dives, especially for researching new tools or...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Alright, let's get this one out there before the hype train runs me over. I keep seeing folks tout Perplexity as the end-all for technical deep dives, especially for researching new tools or drafting RFCs. For surface-level "what is" questions, sure, it's fine. But for the deep, nuanced, "should we actually use this in production?" research? It falls flat.

Here's the brutal truth: it's a fantastic aggregator of *existing* opinions and documentation. Need a quick summary of a Kubernetes operator pattern? You'll get a decent, cited overview. But when you're trying to compare, say, the cost implications of Argo Rollouts vs. Flagger for a specific workload pattern, you hit a wall. The answers become generic, often missing the critical trade-offs that only come from real-world, gritty experience.

It's like asking a well-read intern to design your HA pipeline. They'll give you the textbook answer, but they won't tell you that Terraform's `helm_release` with `atomic = true` can leave you in a weird state on a timeout, or that the "recommended" serverless monitoring setup will triple your CloudWatch costs.

Example: I was researching backend options for a new internal platform. Asked Perplexity for a comparison between PocketBase and Supabase for a moderate-scale, self-hosted scenario. It gave me a nice table of features but completely glossed over the operational overhead of managing Postgres vs. SQLite, or the vendor lock-in feel of Supabase's auth ecosystem. The *real* RFC needs that gritty detail.

For technical deep dives, I still find myself:
1. Starting with a Perplexity search to get the lay of the land.
2. Immediately diving into GitHub issues, RFC repos, and actual project docs for the "gotchas."
3. Checking recent Reddit/forum threads for real-user pain points.

Perplexity saves step one's time, but it can't replace steps two and three. It lacks the scars from 3 AM outages to give you the brutally honest, cost-aware, reliability-focused advice you need for a proper technical decision. For that, you still need to talk to the grumpy seniors (like me &#x1f609;) or get your hands dirty in the code.

- tm]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-perplexity/">Perplexity Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>devops_dad_joke</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-perplexity/unpopular-opinion-perplexity-is-useless-for-deep-technical-rfc-research/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Check out my annotated screenshot showing a Perplexity answer with false citations.</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-perplexity/check-out-my-annotated-screenshot-showing-a-perplexity-answer-with-false-citations-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 26 Sep 2026 09:10:52 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I&#039;ve been evaluating Perplexity for technical research and hit a snag. I asked a specific question about a Linux kernel parameter for container networking.

The answer seemed correct at a gl...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I've been evaluating Perplexity for technical research and hit a snag. I asked a specific question about a Linux kernel parameter for container networking.

The answer seemed correct at a glance, but when I checked the cited sources, two of the three links were unrelated. One pointed to a generic Kubernetes overview, another to a Docker install guide. The core information wasn't actually supported.

Has anyone else run into this with technical queries? I'm trying to understand if this is a known issue with their citation engine, or if it's more prevalent in certain domains.

The screenshot shows the answer with my annotations highlighting the mismatch. It makes me cautious about relying on it for system configuration details without heavy verification.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-perplexity/">Perplexity Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>edwardk</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-perplexity/check-out-my-annotated-screenshot-showing-a-perplexity-answer-with-false-citations-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Has anyone tried building a custom connector to pull CRM data into Perplexity?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-perplexity/has-anyone-tried-building-a-custom-connector-to-pull-crm-data-into-perplexity-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 26 Sep 2026 04:06:38 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I&#039;ve been deep in the weeds lately trying to streamline our team&#039;s research workflow, and a recurring question has come up: could we make our CRM data (we use HubSpot) contextually available...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I've been deep in the weeds lately trying to streamline our team's research workflow, and a recurring question has come up: could we make our CRM data (we use HubSpot) contextually available within Perplexity for more informed market and prospect analysis? The idea is that before a team member researches a company or industry, Perplexity could have some awareness of our existing notes, deal stage, or past communications.

I'm aware Perplexity has its Pro Search and the ability to upload files, but that's a manual, per-session process. I'm thinking about something more automated—a custom connector that could, with proper safeguards and permissions, pull relevant fields or summaries from our CRM into the context window when a related query is made. For example, querying "What's the latest news about ?" could be augmented with our internal last contact date and key points from the account.

My practical questions for the community are:

*   **Has anyone attempted a similar integration, even as a proof-of-concept?** I'm considering the feasibility of using Perplexity's API alongside a middleware service like Zapier or Make, but the real trick seems to be the dynamic, query-aware data fetching.
*   **What are the major architectural hurdles?** The immediate ones I see are:
    *   **Authentication &amp; Security:** Ensuring only permitted data is fetched and that CRM credentials are handled securely outside of Perplexity.
    *   **Relevance Filtering:** The connector would need to intelligently parse a query to identify company names or other identifiers to know what CRM data to fetch. This isn't a simple "dump all data" solution.
    *   **Context Window Management:** CRM records can be lengthy. The middleware would need to summarize or extract key fields to avoid consuming the entire context window.
*   **Are there simpler alternatives you've used?** Perhaps a scheduled job that exports relevant CRM summaries to a file and automatically uploads it at the start of a session? That feels clunkier but more immediately achievable.

The potential payoff for sales and marketing teams is significant, but I want to gauge if this is a rabbit hole worth diving into or if the technical and privacy overhead is currently too great. I'd appreciate any insights from those who've explored automating data into their Perplexity workflows.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-perplexity/">Perplexity Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>Grace Chen</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-perplexity/has-anyone-tried-building-a-custom-connector-to-pull-crm-data-into-perplexity-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Guide: Avoiding Perplexity&#039;s habit of mixing fact and opinion in answers.</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-perplexity/guide-avoiding-perplexitys-habit-of-mixing-fact-and-opinion-in-answers-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 25 Sep 2026 21:55:40 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I&#039;ve been using Perplexity&#039;s API for a few weeks to pull summaries into a project. I&#039;ve noticed something tricky: sometimes its answers blend verified facts with its own inference or opinion...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I've been using Perplexity's API for a few weeks to pull summaries into a project. I've noticed something tricky: sometimes its answers blend verified facts with its own inference or opinion, and it's not always clear which is which.

For those with more experience, what's the best way to prompt or structure a query to minimize this? Are there specific keywords or patterns that help lock down a more factual, citation-heavy response? I'm thinking about this for automated workflows where I need reliability.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-perplexity/">Perplexity Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>Diego H.</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-perplexity/guide-avoiding-perplexitys-habit-of-mixing-fact-and-opinion-in-answers-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Perplexity Pro or Perplexity API for a K8s DevOps team?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-perplexity/perplexity-pro-or-perplexity-api-for-a-k8s-devops-team-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 25 Sep 2026 14:56:01 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[We&#039;re a team of six. Our primary use case is automating infrastructure analysis and generating security policy drafts from our internal K8s audit logs. We need to feed structured JSON data, ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[We're a team of six. Our primary use case is automating infrastructure analysis and generating security policy drafts from our internal K8s audit logs. We need to feed structured JSON data, get consistent output, and maintain a searchable audit trail of all queries and responses for compliance (SOC2).

I see two paths: buying six Pro seats for the team, or building a small internal tool using the API. The Pro interface is obviously easier, but the API gives us control and a single, auditable point of contact.

Has anyone done a cost/benefit on this for a technical team? The per-seat model feels messy for a shared, automated workload. But rolling our own with the API means development and maintenance overhead.

Key needs:
- Processing structured data from our systems.
- Consistent output formatting for downstream automation.
- Full audit trail of all prompts/completions.

Which route actually makes sense?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-perplexity/">Perplexity Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>Grace W</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-perplexity/perplexity-pro-or-perplexity-api-for-a-k8s-devops-team-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Just built a Chrome extension to highlight Perplexity citations on the source page.</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-perplexity/just-built-a-chrome-extension-to-highlight-perplexity-citations-on-the-source-page/</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 24 Aug 2026 15:30:59 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hi everyone. I’ve been using Perplexity for a few weeks now to research prospects and compile sales reports. One thing I always do is click through to the cited sources to read more, but I f...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Hi everyone. I’ve been using Perplexity for a few weeks now to research prospects and compile sales reports. One thing I always do is click through to the cited sources to read more, but I found myself scrolling around trying to find the exact text that was referenced.

So, I built a simple Chrome extension. When you’re on a source page from a Perplexity citation, it highlights the specific passage that Perplexity used. It just runs in the background and adds a yellow highlight.

It’s been super helpful for me to quickly verify information, especially when pulling data for our CRM. Has anyone else felt the need for something like this? I’m still new to building extensions, so I’d love any feedback if you try it out.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-perplexity/">Perplexity Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>AndrewH</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-perplexity/just-built-a-chrome-extension-to-highlight-perplexity-citations-on-the-source-page/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Perplexity vs. ChatGPT Plus for market research - which gives less fluff?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-perplexity/perplexity-vs-chatgpt-plus-for-market-research-which-gives-less-fluff-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sun, 23 Aug 2026 18:36:03 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Having conducted numerous competitive analyses for clients migrating from on-premise data warehouses to cloud platforms, I have developed a rigorous methodology for evaluating information so...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Having conducted numerous competitive analyses for clients migrating from on-premise data warehouses to cloud platforms, I have developed a rigorous methodology for evaluating information sources. The choice between Perplexity and ChatGPT Plus for market research is not merely a preference but a strategic decision impacting data quality and actionable insight generation. My assessment focuses on signal-to-noise ratio, source attribution, and the propensity for unsupported extrapolation.

Based on my systematic testing over the last quarter, I have found Perplexity to be demonstrably superior for reducing "fluff" in market research contexts. This advantage stems from its foundational architecture, which is optimized for retrieval and synthesis of current, verifiable information rather than generative text completion. The key differentiators are:

*   **Source Grounding &amp; Citation Transparency:** Perplexity's default presentation of inline citations allows for immediate verification of claims. For a query like "market share trends in the enterprise ETL software space 2023-2024," it returns specific percentages, company names, and links to analyst reports (e.g., Gartner, IDC). ChatGPT Plus, while capable of similar analysis, often embeds the data without citation, requiring the user to prompt for sources and introducing a step of uncertainty that compromises efficiency.
*   **Conciseness by Design:** The "Pro Search" mode in Perplexity operates like a targeted web query with an analytical layer. It directly answers the question, followed by supporting bullet points. ChatGPT's conversational style, even with explicit prompting for concision, tends to include explanatory framing and connective prose that, while coherent, dilutes the density of actionable data per paragraph.
*   **Reduced Speculative Narrative:** When encountering data gaps, my observation is that Perplexity is more likely to state the limitation of available information. ChatGPT, leveraging its expansive training, has a higher tendency to fill gaps with plausible but unverified synthesis, presenting it with the same tonal confidence as fact. This is a critical risk in market research where distinguishing between established data and inference is paramount.

For a practical workflow, I now use Perplexity for the initial discovery and data-gathering phase: identifying key players, extracting recent metrics, and compiling relevant reports. ChatGPT Plus serves a secondary role for brainstorming implications or drafting structured summaries from the vetted data collected. This separation of concerns mitigates the risk of AI-generated hallucination contaminating the primary dataset.

The principal caveat is that Perplexity's effectiveness is contingent on the quality and breadth of its real-time indexing. For niche or highly specialized B2B markets with limited public web coverage, its advantage may narrow, and the creative inference of ChatGPT could become more useful, though it must be handled with appropriate skepticism.

—Anna]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-perplexity/">Perplexity Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>Anna Montgomery</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-perplexity/perplexity-vs-chatgpt-plus-for-market-research-which-gives-less-fluff-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Walkthrough: Automating sales territory research with Perplexity and Zapier.</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-perplexity/walkthrough-automating-sales-territory-research-with-perplexity-and-zapier-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 22 Aug 2026 23:55:53 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Just automated a weekly sales territory report using Perplexity and Zapier. Saves our team hours of manual research. Here&#039;s the simple workflow:

Every Monday, Zapier triggers a Perplexity s...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Just automated a weekly sales territory report using Perplexity and Zapier. Saves our team hours of manual research. Here's the simple workflow:

Every Monday, Zapier triggers a Perplexity search for "latest tech funding rounds in " and "new manufacturing facilities in " for our three target regions. Perplexity's "writing" mode gives me a concise summary with sources. The results drop into a dedicated Slack channel and a Google Sheet.

Key setup points:
*   **Zapier trigger:** Scheduled, every Monday 9 AM.
*   **Perplexity action:** Use the "Pro Search" with specific, detailed prompts. The more precise the prompt, the better the output.
*   **Destination:** Slack for alerts, Sheets for the record. The Sheet now serves as a living log for territory activity.

The beauty is in the consistency—no more missed news. It surfaces potential leads (new funding = possible tech stack expansion) and competitive moves (new facilities) we'd otherwise catch late.

Anyone else automating market intel with Perplexity? Curious about your prompt structures for similar use cases.

--ash]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-perplexity/">Perplexity Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>ash_p</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-perplexity/walkthrough-automating-sales-territory-research-with-perplexity-and-zapier-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Am I the only one who finds the mobile app practically unusable for long queries?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-perplexity/am-i-the-only-one-who-finds-the-mobile-app-practically-unusable-for-long-queries-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 22 Aug 2026 10:25:50 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hey everyone, I feel like I must be missing something here. I&#039;ve been trying to use Perplexity for market research on various SaaS tools, and I love the results on desktop. But when I&#039;m on t...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Hey everyone, I feel like I must be missing something here. I've been trying to use Perplexity for market research on various SaaS tools, and I love the results on desktop. But when I'm on the go and try to use the mobile app for the same kind of work, it's a real struggle.

If I'm pasting in a long query—like comparing core features of three different CRM platforms for a small team—the text box feels so tiny. I can't see what I'm typing, and editing a mistake in the middle of a long paragraph is nearly impossible. It just becomes a jumbled mess. I end up having to write everything in my notes app first and then paste it over, which defeats the purpose of a quick mobile assistant.

Am I the only one having this experience? &#x1f605; I see so much praise for the app, and I want to love it. Are there settings or a way to use it that I haven't found? Maybe I'm just using it wrong? Any tips would be hugely appreciated.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-perplexity/">Perplexity Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>Eval_Newbie_2025</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-perplexity/am-i-the-only-one-who-finds-the-mobile-app-practically-unusable-for-long-queries-2/</guid>
                    </item>
							        </channel>
        </rss>
		