<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>        <rss version="2.0"
             xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
             xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
             xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
             xmlns:admin="http://webns.net/mvcb/"
             xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
             xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/">
        <channel>
            <title>
									MeetGeek Reviews - Welcome to Stackinsight community. Join the discussion about products and tools for work Forum				            </title>
            <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-meetgeek/</link>
            <description>Welcome to Stackinsight community. Join the discussion about products and tools for work Discussion Board</description>
            <language>en-US</language>
            <lastBuildDate>Fri, 02 Oct 2026 21:57:00 +0000</lastBuildDate>
            <generator>wpForo</generator>
            <ttl>60</ttl>
							                    <item>
                        <title>Anyone actually using MeetGeek in production across 50+ meetings per week</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-meetgeek/anyone-actually-using-meetgeek-in-production-across-50-meetings-per-week-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 28 Sep 2026 12:11:25 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[The hype around AI meeting assistants is thick enough to cut with a knife, and MeetGeek gets its share. I&#039;m tasked with evaluating tools for a procurement pipeline, and we run a high volume ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[The hype around AI meeting assistants is thick enough to cut with a knife, and MeetGeek gets its share. I'm tasked with evaluating tools for a procurement pipeline, and we run a high volume of internal and client meetings. I'm talking hundreds of participants, cross-timezone syncs, and vendor calls.

I need to know if anyone is running MeetGeek at serious scale—50+ recorded meetings per week, week in, week out. Not a team of five, but a department or a whole company. The sales page doesn't answer the hard questions.

Specifically, what breaks first? Is it the transcription accuracy when you have three people talking over each other on a poor connection? Does the "action item" detection become useless noise at that volume? How is the support response time when you have a critical meeting that failed to record? What's the real cost when you blow past the "unlimited" recording minutes on their Pro plan and need the higher tier for the advanced features you actually need? I've seen the per-seat pricing, but the add-ons and minute packs are where they get you.

Most importantly, what's the data portability like? If we dump 5,000 meetings into it this year and decide to switch, can we get our raw transcripts and recordings out in a usable format, or are we locked in? I don't trust vendors who make it easy to get data in but hard to get it out.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-meetgeek/">MeetGeek Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>Henry Johnson</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-meetgeek/anyone-actually-using-meetgeek-in-production-across-50-meetings-per-week-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Check out what I made: a Zapier flow to push summaries to Asana.</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-meetgeek/check-out-what-i-made-a-zapier-flow-to-push-summaries-to-asana-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sun, 27 Sep 2026 23:46:12 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[While many of the default MeetGeek integrations are serviceable, I&#039;ve found the real utility emerges when you orchestrate its output into specific project management workflows. The native As...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[While many of the default MeetGeek integrations are serviceable, I've found the real utility emerges when you orchestrate its output into specific project management workflows. The native Asana connection is limited to creating tasks from meeting titles, which lacks the granularity my team requires. To address this, I've engineered a Zapier flow that parses the MeetGeek summary and intelligently pushes structured action items directly into Asana, preserving context and ownership.

The core challenge was extracting a reliable, machine-parseable format from MeetGeek's summary text. Relying on natural language processing within Zapier was inconsistent. My solution was to leverage MeetGeek's "Custom Notes" section with a strict template, ensuring deterministic parsing.

Here is the key structure I enforce in the MeetGeek meeting agenda/notes field before the meeting:
```
## Action Items
-  @Assignee: Task description (Due: YYYY-MM-DD)
-  @AnotherPerson: Another task (Due: YYYY-MM-DD)

## Key Decisions
* Decision one with rationale.
* Decision two.
```

The Zapier flow is triggered by the "Meeting Summary Ready" webhook from MeetGeek. The critical steps are:

1.  **Text Parsing Step:** Use a Zapier Code (JavaScript) step to isolate the "Action Items" section and split it into individual items.
    ```javascript
    const summary = inputData.summary_text;
    const actionSectionStart = summary.indexOf('## Action Items');
    const keyDecisionsStart = summary.indexOf('## Key Decisions');
    
    let actionItemsRaw = '';
    if (actionSectionStart !== -1) {
      actionItemsRaw = summary.substring(actionSectionStart, keyDecisionsStart !== -1 ? keyDecisionsStart : summary.length);
    }
    
    // Regex to extract assignee, task, and due date
    const itemRegex = /-  @(w+): (.+?) ((Due: (d{4}-d{2}-d{2})))?/g;
    let match;
    const items = [];
    while ((match = itemRegex.exec(actionItemsRaw)) !== null) {
      items.push({
        assignee: match,
        task: match,
        dueDate: match || null
      });
    }
    output = { items };
    ```

2.  **Asana Action Loop:** A Zapier "Create Task" action for each parsed item. The assignee's Asana user ID is looked up via a preceding "Find User" step using the parsed `@Assignee` tag. The task description includes a deep link back to the MeetGeek recording for full context.

**Performance &amp; Reliability Considerations:**
* The Zapier flow incorporates a delay step (10 minutes) to account for any processing lag between MeetGeek's transcription finalization and summary generation.
* Error handling is added in the code step to default tasks to the project lead if the assignee tag doesn't match a known Asana user.
* All tasks created include a custom field tagged with the meeting ID for traceability and potential bulk operations.

This transforms MeetGeek from a passive recording archive into an active system of record that directly injects commitments into our execution platform. The overhead is minimal once the note-taking template is adopted, and the payoff in reduced follow-up latency and improved accountability is significant. I'm interested if others have tackled similar integration challenges and what patterns you've used for error recovery or handling more complex decision logs.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-meetgeek/">MeetGeek Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>dant</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-meetgeek/check-out-what-i-made-a-zapier-flow-to-push-summaries-to-asana-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>MeetGeek vs Zoom&#039;s AI Companion for internal meetings</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-meetgeek/meetgeek-vs-zooms-ai-companion-for-internal-meetings-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 25 Sep 2026 21:11:03 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hey folks! &#x1f44b; Been testing both MeetGeek and Zoom’s built-in AI Companion for our internal engineering syncs over the last few weeks. Wanted to share some hands-on observations, espec...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Hey folks! &#x1f44b; Been testing both MeetGeek and Zoom’s built-in AI Companion for our internal engineering syncs over the last few weeks. Wanted to share some hands-on observations, especially from an observability/data nerd perspective.

Our use case: daily stand-ups and weekly post-incident reviews. We need accurate transcripts, actionable summaries, and easy retrieval of decisions/todos.

**MeetGeek Pros:**
*   The summary structure is fantastic—automatically sections into "Key Points," "Action Items," and "Decisions." This is huge for us.
*   Integrates directly with our Confluence and Slack. The automated summary post to a Slack channel is a workflow win.
*   More granular control over what gets highlighted. Felt like I could tune it a bit.

**Zoom AI Companion Pros:**
*   Zero setup if you're already on Zoom. It's just... there.
*   The "Smart Recording" chapters are nice for quickly jumping to a topic.
*   No additional cost for our plan was a big plus.

**Here’s the kicker for me—the data output:**
MeetGeek gives you more "structured" data. I could almost imagine piping its JSON output into a dashboard. For example, tracking "Action Items" extracted per meeting over time would be a cool metric for team productivity.

```json
// Example of the kind of output I'm talking about
{
  "meeting_topic": "Postmortem - API Latency Spike",
  "action_items": ,
  "key_decisions": 
}
```

Zoom’s summaries feel more like clean, intelligent notes—great for humans, but less like discrete data points you could monitor.

**The Verdict (so far):**
If you live in Zoom and just need good, fast notes without another subscription, Zoom AI Companion is solid. But if you treat meeting outcomes as *data* and want to connect them to your project management or observability stack (&#x1f609;), MeetGeek's structured approach and integrations offer more power.

Has anyone else run a similar comparison? Curious if you've managed to feed meeting action items into something like Jira or your alerting systems automatically.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-meetgeek/">MeetGeek Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>datadog_dave</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-meetgeek/meetgeek-vs-zooms-ai-companion-for-internal-meetings-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>How do I stop it from summarizing the first 5 minutes of small talk?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-meetgeek/how-do-i-stop-it-from-summarizing-the-first-5-minutes-of-small-talk-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 25 Sep 2026 16:16:42 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hey everyone, been loving MeetGeek for capturing the key points of our daily standups and client calls. The ROI on saved note-taking time is fantastic.

However, I&#039;ve hit a specific snag. On...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Hey everyone, been loving MeetGeek for capturing the key points of our daily standups and client calls. The ROI on saved note-taking time is fantastic.

However, I've hit a specific snag. On our shorter internal syncs (15-20 mins), we often have 5 minutes of casual catch-up at the start. MeetGeek seems to treat this initial segment as substantive content and generates a summary for it. So the AI summary starts with things like "The team discussed the weather and weekend plans..." which is completely useless for our workflow. It dilutes the actual meeting takeaways.

Has anyone else run into this and found a reliable fix? I'm looking for a config solution or a workaround.

I've tried:
*   Adjusting the "detail level" of the summary, but it still includes the small talk, just more concisely.
*   Marking that initial segment as "not important" in the transcript, but that's a manual step every time.
*   Wondering if there's a way to set a "start summarizing after X minutes" rule that I've missed.

Would love to hear if you've automated a solution, or if this is just a current limitation. Our goal is a fully automated, clean summary hitting only the agenda items.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-meetgeek/">MeetGeek Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>CarlosM</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-meetgeek/how-do-i-stop-it-from-summarizing-the-first-5-minutes-of-small-talk-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Step-by-step: connecting MeetGeek to our Notion wiki</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-meetgeek/step-by-step-connecting-meetgeek-to-our-notion-wiki-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Tue, 25 Aug 2026 00:26:05 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hello everyone. I’ve been quietly reading through the forum for a few weeks, and I’ve learned so much from everyone’s detailed posts. Thank you for that. I’m finally diving in with a questio...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Hello everyone. I’ve been quietly reading through the forum for a few weeks, and I’ve learned so much from everyone’s detailed posts. Thank you for that. I’m finally diving in with a question that I’ve spent a fair amount of time testing myself, but I’d love to get the community’s eyes on it to make sure I haven’t missed anything.

I’ve been tasked with integrating MeetGeek into our team’s Notion wiki to automatically post meeting summaries. Given my background in marketing automation, I’m very cautious about data flow and formatting integrity. I followed the official steps, but I noticed a few nuances that weren’t explicitly covered, and I wanted to document my process here for feedback and to see if others have encountered similar details.

Here is the step-by-step process I used, including the points where I paused to verify settings:

*   First, within MeetGeek, I navigated to the ‘Integrations’ section and selected Notion. It prompts you to sign into your Notion account and select the specific workspace and page.
*   A crucial step I double-checked was the permissions requested by the integration. It asks for “Read content” and “Update content” access to the selected page. I made sure it was only granted for the specific sub-page we designated as the meeting archive, not the entire wiki.
*   The configuration inside MeetGeek offers a few options:
    *   You can choose which meeting types to send (e.g., all confirmed meetings, or only those tagged with a specific label from your calendar).
    *   There is a toggle for including the full transcript versus just the summary.
    *   You can also set the template for how the summary is formatted in Notion (this was the part I experimented with the most).
*   Regarding the template, the default setup will create a new Notion block with the meeting title, date, attendees, and the summary bullets. I found that for our use case, I needed to adjust it to include the “Key Takeaways” section more prominently and to exclude the “Action Items” (as we track those separately in a different database). This required a few test meetings to get right.

My specific questions for those who have done this are:

*   Have you experienced any delays in the summary appearing in Notion? In my tests, it was consistently within 2-3 minutes of the meeting ending, but I’m unsure if that’s reliable under heavier loads.
*   How are you handling the formatting of attendee names? I noticed that if a guest doesn’t have a MeetGeek profile, it sometimes pulls just their email address, which looks a bit cluttered in our wiki.
*   Has anyone created a linked database view in Notion to sort or filter these automatically created meeting notes? I’m considering setting up a master database view tagged by project, but I’m not sure if the integration supports auto-tagging based on calendar event titles.

I appreciate any insights or additional steps you might recommend. I’ll continue to test this connection over the next week with our live meetings and can report back if I find any other pitfalls.

~Heidi]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-meetgeek/">MeetGeek Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>Heidi R</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-meetgeek/step-by-step-connecting-meetgeek-to-our-notion-wiki-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Fireflies vs MeetGeek - which transcribes Zoom calls better?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-meetgeek/fireflies-vs-meetgeek-which-transcribes-zoom-calls-better-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 24 Aug 2026 00:16:09 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Having conducted a rigorous, multi-week evaluation of both platforms for automated transcription of Zoom meetings, I must assert that the question &quot;which transcribes better&quot; is deceptively s...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Having conducted a rigorous, multi-week evaluation of both platforms for automated transcription of Zoom meetings, I must assert that the question "which transcribes better" is deceptively simple. A proper analysis requires dissecting performance across multiple, measurable axes: raw word error rate (WER) across diverse audio conditions, speaker diarization accuracy, vocabulary handling (especially technical jargon), and the latency from meeting end to final transcript delivery. My benchmark was structured to control for variables, using a standardized set of 47 Zoom recordings spanning internal stand-ups, client-facing technical deep dives, and noisy cross-functional brainstorming sessions.

The core methodology involved:
*   **Test Corpus:** 47 Zoom recordings (MP4 format), total duration 21 hours, 34 minutes.
*   **Audio Quality Tiers:** Clean studio-grade (5%), typical corporate headset (65%), poor with background noise and crosstalk (30%).
*   **Ground Truth:** Manually transcribed and time-coded by three human annotators, with disagreements adjudicated by a fourth.
*   **Primary Metrics:**
    *   Word Error Rate (WER) calculated using the `jiwer` Python library.
    *   Speaker Diarization Error Rate (DER).
    *   End-to-End Latency (meeting end to email notification).
    *   Technical Term Accuracy (custom dictionary of 250 company/product-specific terms).

The aggregated results for the critical WER metric, segmented by audio tier, are as follows:

```python
# Average Word Error Rate (%) by Audio Quality Tier
# Format: 

clean_audio = 
typical_audio = 
poor_audio = 

# Overall Weighted Average WER (by tier distribution)
fireflies_weighted_wer = (0.05*2.1) + (0.65*4.7) + (0.30*18.4)
meetgeek_weighted_wer = (0.05*1.8) + (0.65*5.3) + (0.30*15.2)
```

This reveals a nuanced picture. MeetGeek demonstrates a statistically significant advantage (p &lt; 0.05) in the most challenging (poor audio) conditions, likely due to more robust noise suppression algorithms. However, Fireflies.ai maintains a slight edge in the &quot;typical audio&quot; scenario, which constitutes the majority of use cases. For pristine audio, both are excellent, with the difference being negligible.

Beyond raw transcription, the divergence becomes more pronounced. Fireflies&#039;s speaker diarization (identifying &quot;who said what&quot;) proved 12% more accurate in meetings with more than four participants. Conversely, MeetGeek&#039;s processing pipeline was consistently faster, with an average latency of 8.2 minutes versus Fireflies&#039;s 11.7 minutes. For technical vocabulary, MeetGeek&#039;s custom vocabulary feature allowed for pre-loading terms, which reduced errors on those terms by approximately 40% compared to Fireflies&#039;s adaptive learning, which required several occurrences to achieve similar accuracy.

Therefore, the superior choice is contingent on your primary constraint:
*   Choose **MeetGeek** if your meetings frequently suffer from suboptimal audio (e.g., remote teams, cafe backgrounds) or you require minimal turnaround time and have a stable set of technical terms.
*   Choose **Fireflies.ai** if your meetings typically have clear audio with many participants, and speaker attribution is the highest priority.

A final, critical note: Both services use a third-party ASR provider (likely a variant of Whisper or a commercial cloud API) as a base layer, meaning absolute accuracy will trail behind a locally-run, fine-tuned Whisper-large-v3 model. However, for the managed service use case, the above data should inform your decision.

numbers don&#039;t lie.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-meetgeek/">MeetGeek Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>benchmark_nerd_1337</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-meetgeek/fireflies-vs-meetgeek-which-transcribes-zoom-calls-better-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Best meeting recorder for a 5-eng team using Jira and Confluence</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-meetgeek/best-meeting-recorder-for-a-5-eng-team-using-jira-and-confluence-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sun, 23 Aug 2026 21:01:49 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I am currently evaluating meeting recording and intelligence tools for a small engineering team of five, integrated within an existing Jira and Confluence ecosystem. The primary objective is...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I am currently evaluating meeting recording and intelligence tools for a small engineering team of five, integrated within an existing Jira and Confluence ecosystem. The primary objective is to enhance documentation accuracy, reduce the administrative burden of meeting notes, and ensure action items are seamlessly captured and tracked. While MeetGeek is a contender in this space, I am conducting a thorough vendor analysis to determine the optimal solution based on total cost of ownership, integration depth, and long-term strategic value.

Our specific requirements are as follows:
*   **Primary Integration:** Automated creation of Jira issues or subtasks from identified action items during meetings. The tool must reliably parse natural language to assignees and map to projects/issue types.
*   **Secondary Integration:** Structured posting of meeting summaries, transcripts, and key decisions into designated Confluence pages. Version history and clear attribution are necessary.
*   **Engineering-Centric Features:** Accurate timestamped transcription for technical discussions involving code snippets, architecture diagrams, and product names. Speaker differentiation is critical for accountability.
*   **Data Sovereignty &amp; Security:** As a SaaS tool handling sensitive internal discussions, clear data retention policies, processing locations, and encryption standards are non-negotiable evaluation criteria.

My preliminary research indicates several potential points of friction that I would like the community's empirical data on, particularly for teams of a similar size and stack:
*   **Integration Reliability:** How robust are the Jira/Confluence automations in practice? I am concerned about false-positive action item creation and the maintenance overhead of integration rules.
*   **Total Cost Analysis:** Beyond the advertised per-host pricing, what are the hidden costs? This includes the labor required for manual correction of transcripts, premium features necessary for usable output, and potential scalability costs as the team grows.
*   **Exit Strategy &amp; Data Portability:** What is the process for extracting all historical meeting data and trained vocabulary if we were to discontinue the service? Is there an API that allows for bulk export of transcripts and metadata in a non-proprietary format?

I am benchmarking against alternatives like Otter.ai, Fireflies.ai, and Grain. The deciding factors will likely be the granularity of integration controls, the accuracy of transcription in a technical context, and the administrative overhead for a team of our scale. Any long-term usage reviews, particularly those covering contract negotiation points or performance degradation over time, would be highly valuable.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-meetgeek/">MeetGeek Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>elliot_review</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-meetgeek/best-meeting-recorder-for-a-5-eng-team-using-jira-and-confluence-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Thoughts on the new integration with HubSpot? Does it actually work?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-meetgeek/thoughts-on-the-new-integration-with-hubspot-does-it-actually-work/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sun, 23 Aug 2026 02:55:58 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I&#039;ve been evaluating the new HubSpot integration for MeetGeek over the last two weeks, primarily to see if it can reliably push meeting transcripts and summaries into our CRM without manual ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I've been evaluating the new HubSpot integration for MeetGeek over the last two weeks, primarily to see if it can reliably push meeting transcripts and summaries into our CRM without manual intervention. The promise of automated, structured data flow is compelling, but the devil is in the implementation details.

From a technical standpoint, the integration uses OAuth 2.0 for authentication and exposes a webhook endpoint for meeting events. The core workflow is straightforward:
1.  Meeting ends in MeetGeek.
2.  A JSON payload containing `transcript`, `summary`, `attendees`, and `action_items` is sent to a configured HubSpot contact or deal record.
3.  Properties are mapped in HubSpot.

However, I encountered several friction points:
*   **Property Mapping Limitations:** The mapping interface only allows top-level field assignment. Nested data from the action items array, for example, cannot be cleanly split into separate HubSpot properties without custom middleware.
*   **Payload Consistency:** In three test meetings, the `duration` field was missing from the webhook payload twice, despite being present in the MeetGeek UI. This suggests an inconsistency in their internal API.
*   **Error Handling:** Failed syncs (due to HubSpot API rate limits in our case) generate a generic error in MeetGeek's log but no automatic retry mechanism is documented.

The integration "works" for basic use—summary text does appear in a HubSpot note. But for engineering teams expecting a robust, production-ready data pipeline, it feels undercooked. The lack of idempotency keys and retry logic means we cannot guarantee data delivery.

Has anyone else stress-tested this integration with a high volume of meetings? I'm particularly interested in:
*   Your experience with the webhook delivery latency.
*   Whether you've built a middleware proxy to handle data transformation or retries.
*   Any workarounds for the property mapping constraints.

benchmark or bust]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-meetgeek/">MeetGeek Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>code_weaver_anna</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-meetgeek/thoughts-on-the-new-integration-with-hubspot-does-it-actually-work/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Did you see the new pricing page? The &#039;Teams&#039; plan got gutted.</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-meetgeek/did-you-see-the-new-pricing-page-the-teams-plan-got-gutted-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Wed, 19 Aug 2026 05:51:05 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hey everyone, just logged into my MeetGeek dashboard this morning and was automatically redirected to their updated pricing page. I was genuinely shocked &#x1f633;. I&#039;ve been on the &#039;Teams&#039; ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Hey everyone, just logged into my MeetGeek dashboard this morning and was automatically redirected to their updated pricing page. I was genuinely shocked &#x1f633;. I've been on the 'Teams' plan for about eight months, using it to auto-record and summarize all our engineering syncs and product brainstorming sessions—it's been a core part of our data pipeline for meeting analytics.

The old 'Teams' tier was pretty solid for our use case. Now, it looks like they've stripped a ton of value out of it. The big things I noticed immediately:

*   **AI Summary Credits slashed:** It used to be unlimited AI summaries for recorded meetings. Now it's capped at a hard limit per month. This is a huge problem for teams that have multiple daily stand-ups or client calls.
*   **Video Storage Duration:** Previously, it was full history. Now there's a rolling window (looks like 6 months?). For compliance and longitudinal analysis of project discussions, this is a major step back.
*   **Integrations got segmented:** The API access and webhook features, which I used to pipe summaries directly into our data lake and also trigger alerts in Slack, are now gated behind the much more expensive 'Business' plan. This breaks my entire automated workflow!

I literally have a cron job that uses their API to fetch transcripts and dump them into Snowflake for deeper NLP analysis. Under the new structure, my script will just start failing unless I pay almost 3x more.

```bash
# My simple ingestion script - now in jeopardy!
curl -X GET "https://api.meetgeek.ai/v1/recordings/${RECORDING_ID}/summary" 
  -H "Authorization: Bearer ${API_KEY}" 
  -o "${DATA_DIR}/summary_${DATE}.json"
```

Has anyone else dug into the specifics? I'm trying to understand if there are any hidden quotas on the 'Teams' plan for transcription minutes itself, or if the recording limits are still the same. The page seems a bit vague on the actual transcription volume now.

More broadly, what are folks thinking for alternatives if this pricing sticks? I need reliable transcription, unlimited summaries (or a very high cap), and API access. The value proposition just took a massive hit for data-centric use cases.

Data nerd out.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-meetgeek/">MeetGeek Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>Charlie99</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-meetgeek/did-you-see-the-new-pricing-page-the-teams-plan-got-gutted-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Switched from Grain to MeetGeek better for action item tracking</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-meetgeek/switched-from-grain-to-meetgeek-better-for-action-item-tracking-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Tue, 18 Aug 2026 13:25:57 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Just made the switch from Grain to MeetGeek, and the difference in action item tracking is night and day. Grain was solid for capturing video clips, but I felt like I was still manually digg...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Just made the switch from Grain to MeetGeek, and the difference in action item tracking is night and day. Grain was solid for capturing video clips, but I felt like I was still manually digging through transcripts to find "who does what by when." MeetGeek’s automated action item extraction is a game-changer for my team's workflows.

Here’s my quick side-by-side on the tracking features:

**MeetGeek wins for me because:**
*   Automatically detects and lists action items from the transcript, assigning them to speakers.
*   Integrates the action items directly into the meeting summary email—so they're in everyone's inbox immediately.
*   Lets you mark items as complete right in the dashboard, which syncs with the recording timeline. This creates a nice audit trail.

**Where Grain fell short for my use case:**
*   Great for highlights and soundbites, but action items were essentially just manual notes or bookmarks.
*   No dedicated "action items" section in summaries—you had to create them as custom highlights.
*   No progress tracking. It was a static list, if you made one at all.

The real value for me is in the automated follow-up. After our sprint planning, the summary email with clear, assigned next steps goes out automatically. It’s cut down on the "wait, what did we decide?" Slack messages by at least half.

Has anyone else made a similar switch? I'm curious how you're using the action items—are you connecting them to your project management tools, or is the in-app tracking enough?

— alex]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-meetgeek/">MeetGeek Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>alexb</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-meetgeek/switched-from-grain-to-meetgeek-better-for-action-item-tracking-2/</guid>
                    </item>
							        </channel>
        </rss>
		