<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>        <rss version="2.0"
             xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
             xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
             xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
             xmlns:admin="http://webns.net/mvcb/"
             xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
             xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/">
        <channel>
            <title>
									HeyGen Reviews - Welcome to Stackinsight community. Join the discussion about products and tools for work Forum				            </title>
            <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-heygen/</link>
            <description>Welcome to Stackinsight community. Join the discussion about products and tools for work Discussion Board</description>
            <language>en-US</language>
            <lastBuildDate>Fri, 02 Oct 2026 18:53:32 +0000</lastBuildDate>
            <generator>wpForo</generator>
            <ttl>60</ttl>
							                    <item>
                        <title>Check out this video I made to explain a complex SaaS feature. Link inside.</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-heygen/check-out-this-video-i-made-to-explain-a-complex-saas-feature-link-inside-3/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sun, 27 Sep 2026 21:50:49 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hey everyone! &#x1f44b; I&#039;m new to the community and really excited to be here. I work a lot on explaining project plans and resource allocation to my team, and I&#039;m always looking for better...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Hey everyone! &#x1f44b; I'm new to the community and really excited to be here. I work a lot on explaining project plans and resource allocation to my team, and I'm always looking for better ways to communicate complex ideas.

I just tried using HeyGen to create a short video that breaks down a new multi-team scheduling feature we're rolling out. It was surprisingly quick to turn a dry process doc into a clear, engaging explainer. I found the avatar presenter less "salesy" than I expected, which was a relief. Here's the link: . Would love to know what you all think about using AI video for internal training and process docs. Any tips or things to watch out for?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-heygen/">HeyGen Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>clarag</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-heygen/check-out-this-video-i-made-to-explain-a-complex-saas-feature-link-inside-3/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Guide: Getting the most out of the free plan (without hitting limits).</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-heygen/guide-getting-the-most-out-of-the-free-plan-without-hitting-limits-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sun, 27 Sep 2026 13:36:17 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hi everyone, data_pipeline_rookie here. I mostly work on batch ETLs, but I&#039;ve been trying out HeyGen for some internal team explainer videos. I&#039;m on the free plan, and I&#039;m always nervous abo...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Hi everyone, data_pipeline_rookie here. I mostly work on batch ETLs, but I've been trying out HeyGen for some internal team explainer videos. I'm on the free plan, and I'm always nervous about hitting invisible limits that break a workflow—like when an Airflow DAG fails because of an unexpected API quota. So I've been trying to map out the free plan's constraints and find safe patterns to work within them.

The big ones are the 1-minute video limit and the 120 credits per month. To stay under a minute, I script my voiceover text carefully, aiming for about 150 words. I pre-write everything in a text editor and run it through a local script to count words and estimate time before I even go into HeyGen. Here's a simple Python snippet I use for a rough check:

```python
def estimate_speech_time(text, words_per_minute=150):
    word_count = len(text.split())
    minutes = word_count / words_per_minute
    seconds = int(minutes * 60)
    return seconds

my_script = "Your script text here..."
print(f"Estimated duration: {estimate_speech_time(my_script)} seconds")
```

For credits, every "Create Video" click seems to cost credits, even if you don't export. My rule now is to finalize the avatar, voice, and background in a single session using the "Preview" heavily. I only hit "Create Video" when my script and visuals are 100% locked. I also avoid regenerating the same video with minor tweaks; I download the source assets and do minor edits locally if I can.

Does anyone else have strategies for managing the credit budget or working around the 1-minute cap, like splitting a concept into multiple videos? I'm worried about designing a series of tutorials and then accidentally burning through the monthly allowance in one afternoon.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-heygen/">HeyGen Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>data_pipeline_rookie</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-heygen/guide-getting-the-most-out-of-the-free-plan-without-hitting-limits-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Where do I start if I only need 2-3 videos for my website?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-heygen/where-do-i-start-if-i-only-need-2-3-videos-for-my-website-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 26 Sep 2026 14:20:54 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Need 2-3 polished explainer videos for my SaaS landing page. Not a content factory.

HeyGen&#039;s pricing is built for volume. The lowest plan is $29/month for 10 minutes, which is overkill for ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Need 2-3 polished explainer videos for my SaaS landing page. Not a content factory.

HeyGen's pricing is built for volume. The lowest plan is $29/month for 10 minutes, which is overkill for a one-off project.

Better path: Use their pay-as-you-go credits. Buy the $50 credit pack (or whatever the minimum is now). Create your 2-3 videos. The credits don't expire, so you can top up later if you need another video in six months. You avoid the subscription tax.

Focus on the script and a solid static avatar. The AI voice is fine, but the script is 80% of the quality. Don't waste time on custom avatars for this scale.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-heygen/">HeyGen Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>danw</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-heygen/where-do-i-start-if-i-only-need-2-3-videos-for-my-website-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Consultant here: What&#039;s the #1 complaint you hear from clients about HeyGen?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-heygen/consultant-here-whats-the-1-complaint-you-hear-from-clients-about-heygen-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 25 Sep 2026 22:10:43 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I&#039;m a marketing consultant starting to look at HeyGen for client projects, mostly for B2B explainer videos and personalized outreach.

Before I dive in, I want to know the biggest pain point...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I'm a marketing consultant starting to look at HeyGen for client projects, mostly for B2B explainer videos and personalized outreach.

Before I dive in, I want to know the biggest pain point. For those of you with hands-on experience, what's the single most common complaint you hear from users or clients? Is it about the avatar quality, the voice cloning, the editing workflow, or something else entirely?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-heygen/">HeyGen Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>chloer</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-heygen/consultant-here-whats-the-1-complaint-you-hear-from-clients-about-heygen-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Trouble with lip sync on my custom avatar. Support wasn&#039;t helpful.</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-heygen/trouble-with-lip-sync-on-my-custom-avatar-support-wasnt-helpful-3/</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 25 Sep 2026 10:00:45 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[My custom avatar&#039;s lip sync is consistently off by a fraction of a second. It&#039;s distracting and makes the videos unusable for client-facing compliance training.

Contacted support with speci...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[My custom avatar's lip sync is consistently off by a fraction of a second. It's distracting and makes the videos unusable for client-facing compliance training.

Contacted support with specific timestamps from three different videos. Their response was boilerplate about "clearing cache" and "using a stable connection." My setup is fine, and the issue is in the rendered output. Has anyone found a workaround or specific settings to correct this? I need this for a vendor security overview video, and the lack of precision is a non-starter.

GW]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-heygen/">HeyGen Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>Grace W</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-heygen/trouble-with-lip-sync-on-my-custom-avatar-support-wasnt-helpful-3/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Just switched from Synthesia to HeyGen. Here&#039;s my pros/cons list.</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-heygen/just-switched-from-synthesia-to-heygen-heres-my-pros-cons-list-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 25 Sep 2026 07:31:28 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hey everyone! I&#039;ve been lurking for a bit, finally have something to post about. I&#039;m a data engineer (mostly building ETLs with Python and Airflow) and at my company, we create a ton of inte...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Hey everyone! I've been lurking for a bit, finally have something to post about. I'm a data engineer (mostly building ETLs with Python and Airflow) and at my company, we create a ton of internal training and explainer videos. We used Synthesia for about a year, but last month we made the switch to HeyGen for a pilot project.

So far, the experience has been pretty eye-opening. The main reason we switched was cost – HeyGen's pricing tier just fit our budget for scaling up video output better. But there's more to it than that.

**Pros:**
* The avatar quality and lip-sync feel noticeably more natural to me, especially with longer scripts. The movements are less... robotic?
* I really like their video templates. It’s not just the avatar talking; you can easily drop in screenshots, text overlays, and B-roll, which saves us time in post-production.
* The UI is super intuitive. I'm not a designer, but I could build a decent-looking video on my first try. This is great because our data analysts can now make their own videos without me having to orchestrate everything.

**Cons (and where I need some help maybe):**
* The API feels a bit limited compared to what I'm used to. I'm trying to automate video generation from our data pipelines (like, generate a weekly summary video from a report), and the documentation isn't as detailed as I'd hope. Has anyone here managed to hook HeyGen into an Airflow DAG successfully?
* We sometimes use very technical, niche terminology. I've noticed the voice synthesis stumbles on some acronyms and product names way more than Synthesia did. The pronunciation tuning is okay, but it's a manual step we didn't have to do before.
* The rendering queue can get slow during what I assume are peak hours. With Synthesia, it was more consistently fast. This messes with my pipeline timing estimates!

Overall, I'm optimistic. The visual output is fantastic and the cost savings are real. But coming from a data orchestration mindset, I'm hitting some bumps on the automation and reliability side. Would love to hear if others have similar experiences or have found workarounds.

-- rookie]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-heygen/">HeyGen Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>data_pipeline_rookie_43</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-heygen/just-switched-from-synthesia-to-heygen-heres-my-pros-cons-list-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>TIL you can upload your own voice sample for the AI to mimic (sort of).</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-heygen/til-you-can-upload-your-own-voice-sample-for-the-ai-to-mimic-sort-of-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 24 Aug 2026 23:50:49 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Just tried the &quot;Instant Voice Cloning&quot; feature. It&#039;s not true cloning, more like style transfer. You upload a 1-2 minute clean audio sample, and the model tries to apply its characteristics ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Just tried the "Instant Voice Cloning" feature. It's not true cloning, more like style transfer. You upload a 1-2 minute clean audio sample, and the model tries to apply its characteristics to generated speech.

Key findings:
*   **Requires very clean audio.** Studio-quality sample gave passable results; a laptop mic recording was useless.
*   **Output is inconsistent.** The tone and cadence are vaguely similar, but it often loses the specific timbre. It's a different voice doing an impression.
*   **Latency is high.** The cloning step adds significant processing time before you can generate.

For a technical demo, it's interesting. For a reliable voice replication tool, it's not there yet. The underlying model clearly lacks the fine-grained control needed for accurate biometric mimicry.

If you're testing, use the highest quality sample you can.
```bash
# Example sox command to clean up a sample (minimally)
sox input.wav output.wav highpass 100 norm gain -1 rate 22050
```
—gp]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-heygen/">HeyGen Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>gracep</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-heygen/til-you-can-upload-your-own-voice-sample-for-the-ai-to-mimic-sort-of-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Claude vs. HeyGen&#039;s built-in script assistant - which is better for ideas?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-heygen/claude-vs-heygens-built-in-script-assistant-which-is-better-for-ideas-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 24 Aug 2026 11:05:52 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hey everyone, hope you&#039;re having a good one. Been working on some internal training videos using HeyGen and hit a question I figured this community might have thoughts on.

I&#039;m using HeyGen&#039;...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Hey everyone, hope you're having a good one. Been working on some internal training videos using HeyGen and hit a question I figured this community might have thoughts on.

I'm using HeyGen's built-in script assistant to brainstorm and draft scripts for these short explainer videos. It's decent! It gets the structure right and follows the prompts. But I've also been using Claude for other writing tasks, and I'm wondering if I should switch my workflow for the ideation phase.

My gut feeling is that HeyGen's assistant is fine-tuned for *video script formats* specifically, so it knows about visual cues, timing, and the general flow of a presenter-led video. Claude, on the other hand, feels more flexible and creative when I'm just trying to break down a complex data engineering concept into simple analogies.

Has anyone done a proper side-by-side? I'm curious about:
- Which one gives more *original* or varied ideas when you ask for, say, "5 different angles to explain API webhooks to a sales team"?
- Which is better at taking a dry technical topic and making it engaging?
- Do you find yourself using one for raw brainstorming and the other for structuring?

My current flow is: brainstorm with Claude -&gt; structure/format with HeyGen -&gt; tweak manually. But maybe I'm overcomplicating it and the built-in tool is good enough.

Would love to hear your experiences.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-heygen/">HeyGen Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>data_shipper_joe</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-heygen/claude-vs-heygens-built-in-script-assistant-which-is-better-for-ideas-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>D-ID vs HeyGen for avatar realism - which one won for your team?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-heygen/d-id-vs-heygen-for-avatar-realism-which-one-won-for-your-team-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 24 Aug 2026 06:55:44 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[We&#039;re evaluating AI avatar tools for some automated QA explainer videos. Realism is key for viewer trust. We&#039;ve narrowed it down to D-ID and HeyGen.

Has anyone done a direct comparison on a...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[We're evaluating AI avatar tools for some automated QA explainer videos. Realism is key for viewer trust. We've narrowed it down to D-ID and HeyGen.

Has anyone done a direct comparison on avatar realism lately? I'm especially curious about lip sync accuracy and natural head movements. Our team is leaning one way, but I'd love to hear from others who've tested both for B2B or tutorial content.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-heygen/">HeyGen Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>eliotk</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-heygen/d-id-vs-heygen-for-avatar-realism-which-one-won-for-your-team-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>What&#039;s the best way to script for an AI avatar vs. a human?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-heygen/whats-the-best-way-to-script-for-an-ai-avatar-vs-a-human-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sun, 23 Aug 2026 14:25:52 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I&#039;ve been working with HeyGen for a few internal projects now, and something keeps coming up in our team. When we script for a traditional human presenter, we write one way. When we script f...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I've been working with HeyGen for a few internal projects now, and something keeps coming up in our team. When we script for a traditional human presenter, we write one way. When we script for an AI avatar, we instinctively shift the language—but I'm not sure we're doing it optimally.

The core question seems to be: are we adapting the script to the *strengths* of the AI, or are we just trying to avoid its *weaknesses*? For example, with a human, you might write more conversational asides or rely on their natural emphases. With an AI avatar, I find myself simplifying sentence structure, avoiding complex dependent clauses, and being hyper-explicit with punctuation for pauses.

I'd like to hear from others who have moved content between human and AI presenters. What specific changes do you make to the source text?

- Do you break long sentences into shorter, more declarative ones?
- How do you handle technical terms or brand names that the AI might mispronounce—do you phonetically spell them out in the script, or is there a better method?
- Is there a noticeable difference in how you write for a "realistic" avatar versus a more "cartoon" style avatar within HeyGen?

My main interest is in maintaining clarity and engagement without making the avatar's delivery sound unnaturally stilted. Any workflow tips or lessons learned from your own review processes would be really helpful.

- aw]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-heygen/">HeyGen Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>Alex W.</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-heygen/whats-the-best-way-to-script-for-an-ai-avatar-vs-a-human-2/</guid>
                    </item>
							        </channel>
        </rss>
		