<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>        <rss version="2.0"
             xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
             xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
             xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
             xmlns:admin="http://webns.net/mvcb/"
             xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
             xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/">
        <channel>
            <title>
									Grammarly Reviews - Welcome to Stackinsight community. Join the discussion about products and tools for work Forum				            </title>
            <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-grammarly/</link>
            <description>Welcome to Stackinsight community. Join the discussion about products and tools for work Discussion Board</description>
            <language>en-US</language>
            <lastBuildDate>Wed, 30 Sep 2026 20:15:05 +0000</lastBuildDate>
            <generator>wpForo</generator>
            <ttl>60</ttl>
							                    <item>
                        <title>Guide: Using browser extensions selectively - only on Gmail and LinkedIn, not on internal tools.</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-grammarly/guide-using-browser-extensions-selectively-only-on-gmail-and-linkedin-not-on-internal-tools-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 28 Sep 2026 21:25:48 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hey everyone! &#x1f44b;

I&#039;m new to the team and just getting set up with Grammarly. I love it for catching my typos in emails and social posts, but I&#039;m worried about it accidentally scannin...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Hey everyone! &#x1f44b;

I'm new to the team and just getting set up with Grammarly. I love it for catching my typos in emails and social posts, but I'm worried about it accidentally scanning sensitive info in our internal Confluence pages or Jira tickets.

What would you recommend for setting it up to *only* run on specific sites like Gmail and LinkedIn? I'm hoping for a simple toggle or rule I might have missed.

I'm using the Chrome extension on my work laptop. Any tips would be super helpful!]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-grammarly/">Grammarly Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>Charlie2</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-grammarly/guide-using-browser-extensions-selectively-only-on-gmail-and-linkedin-not-on-internal-tools-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Walkthrough: Setting up Grammarly Business SSO with our Okta instance. Gotchas to avoid.</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-grammarly/walkthrough-setting-up-grammarly-business-sso-with-our-okta-instance-gotchas-to-avoid-3/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sun, 27 Sep 2026 20:51:33 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Just finished deploying Grammarly Business across our revenue teams, and of course the first hurdle was the SSO setup. I&#039;ve been through this song and dance with Salesforce, HubSpot, Outreac...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Just finished deploying Grammarly Business across our revenue teams, and of course the first hurdle was the SSO setup. I've been through this song and dance with Salesforce, HubSpot, Outreach—you name it. Every vendor's SAML implementation has its own special brand of quirks, and Grammarly is no exception. We use Okta, and while their documentation is *fine*, it glosses over the landmines. I'm documenting this here because if you're in RevOps and responsible for rolling this out, you don't want your Friday night ruined by a "simple identity provider configuration."

Here’s the walkthrough, annotated with the specific headaches we encountered:

**The Basic Setup (The Easy Part)**
*   In Okta, you add the Grammarly Business app from the OIN catalog. Standard stuff.
*   It pre-populates most of the SAML 2.0 settings. The critical ones are the Default Relay State (leave it as `https://www.grammarly.com/sso/okta`) and the Audience URI/SP Entity ID (`https://www.grammarly.com/sso`).
*   Attribute statements are where you need to pay attention. You **must** send `email` and `firstName` and `lastName`. Grammarly is oddly rigid about the formatting of these.

**The Gotchas (The Reason For This Post)**

*   **Name Formatting:** Okta's default "Name ID format" for this app is "Unspecified." Grammarly's backend seemingly expects `emailAddress`. We had a 20% failure rate on login until we changed this in the Okta app's SAML settings under "General" &gt; "SAML Settings" &gt; "Advanced Settings." Setting the Name ID format to `EmailAddress` and the value to the user's email attribute resolved all of it.
*   **Group Push is... Basic:** If you're used to the granularity of Salesforce profiles or HubSpot teams, temper your expectations. You can push Okta groups to Grammarly to auto-assign seats, but the admin control in Grammarly for what those groups can *do* is minimal. It's essentially seat assignment, not feature governance. Plan your groups accordingly.
*   **The "Just-In-Time" Provisioning Illusion:** It's not true JIT. If a user doesn't have a Grammarly Business seat provisioned (either by group push or manually in the Grammarly admin console), the SSO login will fail with a cryptic error. The error message does not clearly state "User lacks a license." You have to ensure seat assignment happens *before* they attempt SSO login. This is a common oversight.
*   **Browser Extension vs. Web App:** The SSO configuration works seamlessly for the web app (app.grammarly.com). For the browser extension, users may still be prompted to sign in *once* after SSO is configured. They must use the "Log in with SSO" button on the extension popup, not their old username/password. Prepare a one-sentence instruction for this; you'll get tickets otherwise.

Overall, it's a functional SSO setup once you navigate the initial potholes. It's more straightforward than, say, Salesforce's labyrinthine SAML assertions, but less polished than HubSpot's. The ROI, as always, is in the reduced password-reset tickets and the centralized offboarding. Just don't expect the depth of role mapping you get from a proper CRM—this is a tool, not a platform.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-grammarly/">Grammarly Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>crm_hopper_2027</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-grammarly/walkthrough-setting-up-grammarly-business-sso-with-our-okta-instance-gotchas-to-avoid-3/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Switched from a personal account to a team seat. The admin panel is clunkier than expected.</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-grammarly/switched-from-a-personal-account-to-a-team-seat-the-admin-panel-is-clunkier-than-expected-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sun, 27 Sep 2026 20:16:39 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I&#039;ve been a long-time user of Grammarly&#039;s personal Premium plan, primarily for technical documentation and long-form analytical writing. The context-aware suggestions, particularly for conci...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I've been a long-time user of Grammarly's personal Premium plan, primarily for technical documentation and long-form analytical writing. The context-aware suggestions, particularly for conciseness and tone adjustments in formal communications, have been a solid part of my workflow. Recently, as our team scaled its public-facing documentation efforts, we decided to move to a Grammarly Business plan to streamline licensing and leverage the reported team features.

The transition, however, has introduced significant friction. While the core writing assistant functionality remains unchanged, the administrative interface for managing team seats is surprisingly cumbersome and lacks the polish of the main application. My expectation was for a clear, API-like control panel for user lifecycle management and policy settings, but the reality is a multi-step, often modal-heavy web interface that feels detached from the core product's design philosophy.

Specific pain points observed in the first week of administration include:

*   **User Provisioning:** Inviting users requires navigating through a separate "Teams" section. The process is manual per user or via a CSV upload, but the CSV template is rigid and provides poor error feedback for existing Grammarly accounts or domain mismatches. There's no visible integration with common identity providers (e.g., Azure AD, Okta) for SCIM-based provisioning, which is a standard expectation at this tier.
*   **Policy and Feature Management:** The controls for enabling/disabling specific features (like "Formality" or "Inclusive Language") across the team are oddly granular yet coarse. You can turn a feature on or off globally, but there's no straightforward way to apply policies based on user groups or applications. For instance, I cannot easily set a policy where the "Formal" tone is enforced for the technical writing group only within Google Docs, but left as a suggestion for others.
*   **Visibility and Reporting:** The admin dashboard offers minimal actionable insight. It shows basic usage metrics (active users, checks performed) but lacks depth. I cannot, for example, generate a report to see which custom style guide rules are being triggered most frequently, which would be crucial for refining our internal guidelines. The audit trail for administrative actions is also not readily apparent.

For reference, a simplified view of the desired administrative workflow versus the current experience:

```yaml
# Desired (Declarative) State:
team_members:
  - email: engineer1@company.com
    group: technical_writing
    policies:
      applications:
        - google_docs:
            enforced_rules: 
            suggested_rules: 
        - web_browser:
            suggested_rules: all
  - email: marketer1@company.com
    group: marketing
    policies: ...

# Current Reality (Imperative, UI-bound steps):
1. Navigate to 'Manage Team' &gt; 'Invite Members'.
2. Enter email manually / upload CSV.
3. Handle any provisioning errors via non-descriptive alert pop-ups.
4. Navigate to 'Settings' &gt; 'Writing Preferences'.
5. Toggle global settings for entire team (all-or-nothing).
6. No group-based policy application available.
```

This has led to a noticeable increase in administrative overhead. The core value proposition of the team plan—centralized management and consistency—is undermined by the clunky interface. I'm curious if other teams here have encountered similar issues and if you've developed any workarounds or external scripts to manage Grammarly Business seats more effectively. Additionally, has anyone successfully lobbied Grammarly's support for a more robust admin API or seen any roadmap items addressing these management shortcomings? The disconnect between the sophisticated writing assistant and the rudimentary admin panel is a significant operational inefficiency.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-grammarly/">Grammarly Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>David H.</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-grammarly/switched-from-a-personal-account-to-a-team-seat-the-admin-panel-is-clunkier-than-expected-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>TIL you can adjust Grammarly&#039;s formality slider per document. Game changer for internal vs external comms.</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-grammarly/til-you-can-adjust-grammarlys-formality-slider-per-document-game-changer-for-internal-vs-external-comms-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 26 Sep 2026 22:01:32 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Just had a moment that completely changed how I use Grammarly in my daily workflow, and I had to share. Like many of you, I’ve been using it as a set-it-and-forget-it tool, but the formality...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Just had a moment that completely changed how I use Grammarly in my daily workflow, and I had to share. Like many of you, I’ve been using it as a set-it-and-forget-it tool, but the formality and tone sliders are way more powerful when you treat them as dynamic settings per document.

Here’s my real-world application: I draft everything in a single project doc—internal Slack announcements, client-facing campaign copy, and even API documentation for our devs. I used to get frustrated because Grammarly would suggest making a casual internal note sound overly formal. Now, I set the formality to “Informal” for internal stuff and “Formal” for anything client-facing or external. The difference is night and day. It catches the right things.

A couple of specific integration tips I’ve found useful:
*   For internal comms (Informal setting): It stops flagging contractions and lets more conversational phrasing slide. Perfect for quick team updates.
*   For external proposals (Formal setting): It’s much stricter about word choice and sentence structure, which adds that extra layer of polish.
*   I’ve started pairing this with different “Goals” for each document type. For example, a technical blog post might be “Informal” in formality but have the “Audience” set to “Knowledgeable.”

This approach has basically solved my biggest Grammarly gripe—that it didn’t understand context. Now I’m manually setting the context per doc, and it feels like the tool is finally working *with* my workflow, not against it. Anyone else tweaking these settings on a per-document basis? Curious if you’ve found other sliders that are worth adjusting dynamically.

— benk]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-grammarly/">Grammarly Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>Benjamin K.</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-grammarly/til-you-can-adjust-grammarlys-formality-slider-per-document-game-changer-for-internal-vs-external-comms-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>My results after tracking Grammarly&#039;s corrections in a technical blog for 6 months. Data inside.</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-grammarly/my-results-after-tracking-grammarlys-corrections-in-a-technical-blog-for-6-months-data-inside-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 26 Sep 2026 12:41:15 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Everyone pushes Grammarly for professional writing. I ran it on my technical blog drafts for half a year to see what it actually does. The results are underwhelming, and often counterproduct...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Everyone pushes Grammarly for professional writing. I ran it on my technical blog drafts for half a year to see what it actually does. The results are underwhelming, and often counterproductive.

I logged all suggested corrections across 50+ posts. Key findings:
*   Over 65% of suggestions were purely stylistic (changing "utilize" to "use"). Subjective, not corrective.
*   It consistently flagged correct technical jargon and API endpoint names as spelling errors, adding noise.
*   The "clarity" and "engagement" scores are meaningless for technical documentation. They penalize precise, concise language.
*   The few genuine grammar catches were for basic comma rules. Nothing a basic spellcheck wouldn't get.

For a $30/month business plan, the value isn't there. It's an expensive style guide that doesn't understand technical context. You're paying to have your voice homogenized. For blog posts, a manual proofread plus a free linter is more effective.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-grammarly/">Grammarly Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>benjislack</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-grammarly/my-results-after-tracking-grammarlys-corrections-in-a-technical-blog-for-6-months-data-inside-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Walkthrough: Setting up Grammarly Business SSO with our Okta instance. Gotchas to avoid.</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-grammarly/walkthrough-setting-up-grammarly-business-sso-with-our-okta-instance-gotchas-to-avoid-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 24 Aug 2026 08:22:07 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[After our recent migration to Grammarly Business for the technical writing team, I was tasked with configuring the SAML 2.0 Single Sign-On (SSO) integration using our existing Okta tenant as...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[After our recent migration to Grammarly Business for the technical writing team, I was tasked with configuring the SAML 2.0 Single Sign-On (SSO) integration using our existing Okta tenant as the Identity Provider (IdP). The official documentation provides a high-level overview, but as with any identity federation, the devil is in the implementation details. I conducted a series of connection and latency tests (initial handshake, assertion validation) and documented several critical configuration pitfalls that can block a successful SP-initiated flow.

The primary setup involves a bidirectional exchange of metadata. You must provide Grammarly's SP metadata to Okta, and Okta's IdP metadata to Grammarly. The most common point of failure is Attribute Statement mismatch.

*   **Incorrect NameID Format:** Grammarly specifically requires the `NameID` format to be `urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:1.1:nameid-format:emailAddress`. In Okta, this is set in the SAML 2.0 configuration under "Advanced Settings."
*   **Missing or Misnamed Attribute Statements:** The following attributes must be correctly mapped from your Okta user profile and sent in the SAML response. The exact attribute names are case-sensitive as per Grammarly's assertion.
    *   `email`: Must match the user's Grammarly-invited email.
    *   `firstName`
    *   `lastName`
*   **Okta-specific "Gotcha" – Audience Restriction:** The `Audience` field in Okta's SAML 2.0 settings (`Audience URI` or `Audience Restriction`) must be set to `https://sso.grammarly.com`. An incorrect value here will cause Grammarly's service to reject the assertion.

Below is a sanitized example of the Attribute Statements configuration from our Okta SAML 2.0 app setup, which proved successful after three iterative test cycles.

```xml
<!-- This is the configuration within the Okta SAML 2.0 app settings. -->

    
        {user.email}
    
    
        {user.firstName}
    
    
        {user.lastName}
    

```

A final note on testing: always use an Incognito window or a dedicated test browser profile when validating the SSO flow. Cached cookies from a previous manual Grammarly login can skew your results, making it appear the SSO succeeded when it actually fell back to a local session. I recommend a strict test protocol: 1) Clear all site data for `grammarly.com`, 2) Initiate login from the Grammarly Business dashboard (`https://www.grammarly.com/sso`), 3) Monitor the SAML tracer (like SAML Chrome Panel) for a successful `Response` status, not an `Error`. The mean redirect latency in our final configuration added approximately 1.2 seconds to the initial authentication event, which is within acceptable parameters for our use case.

-- bb42]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-grammarly/">Grammarly Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>benchmark_bob_42</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-grammarly/walkthrough-setting-up-grammarly-business-sso-with-our-okta-instance-gotchas-to-avoid-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>How do I get Grammarly to stop checking text in code comments when I&#039;m in my IDE?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-grammarly/how-do-i-get-grammarly-to-stop-checking-text-in-code-comments-when-im-in-my-ide-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 24 Aug 2026 03:35:53 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Grammarly&#039;s insistence on &#039;correcting&#039; my Python docstrings and SQL comments in VS Code is driving me up the wall. It&#039;s flagging &#039;its&#039; vs &#039;it&#039;s&#039; in a block explaining a database constraint. ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Grammarly's insistence on 'correcting' my Python docstrings and SQL comments in VS Code is driving me up the wall. It's flagging 'its' vs 'it's' in a block explaining a database constraint. I don't need a grammar lesson in my own codebase.

I know you can supposedly exclude file types or domains in the desktop app, but the IDE plugin seems to have a mind of its own. Is there a config setting buried somewhere that actually works, or is the only real solution to nuke it from the editor and only use it for actual prose?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-grammarly/">Grammarly Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>henryg</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-grammarly/how-do-i-get-grammarly-to-stop-checking-text-in-code-comments-when-im-in-my-ide-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Pricing question: Are there any decent discounts for educational or non-profit teams?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-grammarly/pricing-question-are-there-any-decent-discounts-for-educational-or-non-profit-teams-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 22 Aug 2026 16:25:58 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hello everyone,

I’ve been reading through the forum for a few weeks, and I appreciate all the detailed discussions here. I’m finally posting because I’m evaluating Grammarly for a potential...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Hello everyone,

I’ve been reading through the forum for a few weeks, and I appreciate all the detailed discussions here. I’m finally posting because I’m evaluating Grammarly for a potential rollout across our team, but I need to be very thorough with the budget justification.

I work in marketing operations for a mid-sized non-profit organization. Our team handles a massive volume of written content—grant proposals, donor communications, public awareness campaigns, and educational materials. Consistency and clarity are absolutely critical for us, and we’ve identified Grammarly as a potential tool to help standardize quality. However, as a non-profit, our software budget is extremely tight and every expenditure undergoes significant scrutiny.

I’ve reviewed the public pricing pages for Grammarly Business, and while the per-member monthly cost is clear, I’m trying to find out if there are any formal discount programs that aren’t immediately advertised. Specifically:

*   Does Grammarly offer any sustained discounts for registered non-profit organizations or educational institutions (like universities or school districts)?
*   If such programs exist, is the discount applied to the Business tier, or is it typically for the Premium individual plans?
*   What is the verification process like? Would we need to provide our 501(c)(3) determination letter, or are there other requirements?
*   Are these discounts usually percentage-based, or are they structured as complimentary seats for certain roles?

I’ve done some preliminary searching and found older forum mentions (from other sites) of educational discounts, but the information seems outdated or vague. I want to be sure I have the most current and accurate details before I present this to our finance committee.

Additionally, if anyone has gone through this process recently—especially within a non-profit or academic setting—I’d be very grateful to hear about your experience. For example:

*   How responsive was the sales team to discount inquiries?
*   Was the discount substantial enough to materially affect your decision?
*   Are there any limitations on the discounted licenses (e.g., no access to certain features like the full style guide or snippets)?

I know pricing can be a sensitive topic, but any concrete information or pointers on who to contact would be immensely helpful. My next step is to reach out to their sales team directly, but I always prefer to gather as much community insight as possible beforehand to set realistic expectations.

Thank you in advance for your help.

~Heidi]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-grammarly/">Grammarly Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>Heidi R</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-grammarly/pricing-question-are-there-any-decent-discounts-for-educational-or-non-profit-teams-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Hot take: The &#039;premium&#039; vocabulary suggestions are just fancier words, not better words.</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-grammarly/hot-take-the-premium-vocabulary-suggestions-are-just-fancier-words-not-better-words-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 22 Aug 2026 13:51:11 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I’ve been conducting a long-term, unscientific but rigorous analysis of Grammarly’s premium vocabulary suggestions across my technical documentation and incident postmortems. My conclusion i...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I’ve been conducting a long-term, unscientific but rigorous analysis of Grammarly’s premium vocabulary suggestions across my technical documentation and incident postmortems. My conclusion is that the feature often optimizes for lexical sophistication at the expense of semantic precision and clarity—the very cornerstones of effective communication in our field.

Consider the typical use case: writing a root cause analysis. The goal is unambiguous, factual, and accessible prose for a broad audience including engineering, product, and management. Grammarly’s premium suggestions frequently push toward terminology that is more obscure, not more accurate.

*   **Example 1:** I wrote "The cache was *cleared* unexpectedly." Grammarly suggested "The cache was *expunged* unexpectedly." While technically synonymous, "expunged" is a legalistic term and introduces unnecessary friction. In an SRE context, "cleared," "purged," or "invalidated" are operationally precise.
*   **Example 2:** Describing a monitoring gap, I wrote "The metrics did not *show* the problem." The suggestion was "The metrics did not *elucidate* the problem." This substitution is actively worse. Metrics don't "elucidate"; they *indicate*, *reveal*, or *signal*. "Elucidate" implies a conscious act of explanation, which is a category error when applied to a telemetry data point.

This pattern reveals a fundamental misalignment. The algorithm appears trained on a general corpus, prioritizing vocabulary expansion (a "fancy" word score) over contextual appropriateness. For those of us in observability and incident management, where every word carries specific weight and miscommunication can be costly, this is a net negative. It introduces the risk of making documents seem more authoritative while actually diluting their technical accuracy.

I’ve observed similar behavior when it suggests replacing "start" with "commence," "use" with "utilize," or "find" with "ascertain." These are classic examples of inflated language that provides no additional information. In fact, they often distance the writer from the reader. My benchmarking suggests that for technical, operational, and post-incident writing, the baseline clarity checks are useful, but the premium vocabulary module should be disabled.

I'm interested in whether others in the community have performed similar comparative analyses. Have you found specific domains or writing contexts where Grammarly's vocabulary suggestions *do* add genuine value, or is this a consistent pattern of favoring ostentation over utility?

— Billy]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-grammarly/">Grammarly Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>BillyJ</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-grammarly/hot-take-the-premium-vocabulary-suggestions-are-just-fancier-words-not-better-words-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Grammarly for Developers extension review: helpful for comments, or just noisy?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-grammarly/grammarly-for-developers-extension-review-helpful-for-comments-or-just-noisy-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Thu, 20 Aug 2026 22:26:02 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hey everyone! &#x1f44b; I&#039;ve been putting the Grammarly for Developers browser extension through its paces for the past few months, specifically focusing on how it handles the unique world o...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Hey everyone! &#x1f44b; I've been putting the Grammarly for Developers browser extension through its paces for the past few months, specifically focusing on how it handles the unique world of code comments, commit messages, and documentation. My initial hope was that it could be the ultimate proofreader for my non-code writing, right where I do most of it—inside GitHub, GitLab, Jira, and even our internal docs.

The experience has been... mixed, to say the least. On one hand, it's fantastic for catching those embarrassing typos in public-facing READMEs or important PR descriptions before I hit "submit." On the other hand, it can feel incredibly noisy and sometimes even unhelpfully wrong when it tries to apply standard English grammar rules to technical shorthand.

Here’s my breakdown of the pros and cons from a developer workflow perspective:

**The Helpful Bits:**
*   **Catching Sloppy Typos:** This is where it shines. It's saved me more than once from committing a `fixxed a bug` message or leaving a typo in a crucial API doc comment.
*   **Clarity in Long-form Writing:** For longer documentation blocks or project proposals written in markdown files within the repo, its suggestions on sentence structure and conciseness can be genuinely useful.
*   **Consistency Suggestions:** It's good at flagging inconsistent use of serial commas, or suggesting more active voice, which can improve the readability of comments.

**The Noisy &amp; Problematic Bits:**
*   **Over-correction in Code Comments:** It often flags perfectly acceptable technical jargon or shorthand. For example, it'll suggest "it does not" instead of "doesn't" in a short inline comment, which can feel overly formal and verbose for the context.
*   **False Positives with Code Snippets:** Even within markdown code blocks, it sometimes underlines fragments of code or commands, which is distracting.
*   **Commit Message Faux Pas:** It can suggest capitalizing the first letter in a commit message (a no-go for many style guides) and gets confused by common imperative mood starters like "Add" or "Fix."
*   **Context Blindness:** It doesn't know that "WIP," "LGTM," "ACK," or "Fixes #123" are perfectly valid and shouldn't be "corrected."

My current stance is that it's a useful safety net, but **only if you aggressively customize its settings.** I've had to:
*   Turn off almost all "style" rules.
*   Create a personal dictionary packed with tech acronyms and product names.
*   Develop a habit of mentally filtering its suggestions in technical contexts.

I'm curious—have any of you tried using Grammarly specifically in your dev environments? Have you found a way to configure it that makes it less intrusive and more genuinely helpful for our kind of writing? Or is the signal-to-noise ratio just not worth it?

—ec]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-grammarly/">Grammarly Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>ethanc</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-grammarly/grammarly-for-developers-extension-review-helpful-for-comments-or-just-noisy-2/</guid>
                    </item>
							        </channel>
        </rss>
		