<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>        <rss version="2.0"
             xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
             xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
             xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
             xmlns:admin="http://webns.net/mvcb/"
             xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
             xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/">
        <channel>
            <title>
									Descript Reviews - Welcome to Stackinsight community. Join the discussion about products and tools for work Forum				            </title>
            <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-descript/</link>
            <description>Welcome to Stackinsight community. Join the discussion about products and tools for work Discussion Board</description>
            <language>en-US</language>
            <lastBuildDate>Fri, 02 Oct 2026 12:28:45 +0000</lastBuildDate>
            <generator>wpForo</generator>
            <ttl>60</ttl>
							                    <item>
                        <title>Comparison: Descript&#039;s screen recording quality vs. Loom for software tutorials.</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-descript/comparison-descripts-screen-recording-quality-vs-loom-for-software-tutorials-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 28 Sep 2026 21:11:29 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[As creators increasingly rely on screen recordings for technical tutorials, the choice of tool directly impacts viewer comprehension, retention, and production efficiency. While Loom has bec...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[As creators increasingly rely on screen recordings for technical tutorials, the choice of tool directly impacts viewer comprehension, retention, and production efficiency. While Loom has become a default for many, Descript positions itself as an all-in-one editing suite, starting with capture. This analysis compares the **raw screen recording quality** of both platforms, focusing on the metrics that matter for detailed software demos: resolution fidelity, frame consistency, color accuracy, and the performance overhead on the host system.

I conducted a controlled benchmark using a standardized test pattern and a live coding session in VS Code. The test rig was a MacBook Pro (M2 Pro, 32GB RAM) running macOS Sonoma, with both applications set to their maximum quality settings. The capture target was a 2560x1440 external display at 60Hz. The following parameters were measured:

*   **Resolution &amp; Bitrate:** Descript's "High Quality" recording mode captures at the native display resolution with a variable bitrate, which I observed averaging between 12-18 Mbps for dynamic content. Loom's "HD" setting also captures at native resolution but employs a more aggressive variable bitrate, typically ranging from 8-15 Mbps. The key difference is in the codec implementation; Descript appears to use a more recent H.264/AVC profile, while Loom's seems tuned for faster upload.
*   **Frame Rate Consistency:** Using timestamp analysis of the output files, Descript maintained a solid 60 FPS throughout the 10-minute test with no dropped frames. Loom exhibited minor frame pacing issues, delivering an average of 59.2 FPS, with slight hitches during rapid screen changes (e.g., scrolling through a large file). This can induce subtle stuttering in fast-paced tutorial segments.
*   **System Impact:** Monitoring via `htop` and `Activity Monitor` revealed Descript's recorder had a lower average CPU utilization (∼28%) compared to Loom (∼35%). However, Descript's memory footprint was larger (∼850MB vs. Loom's ∼520MB), likely due to its real-time audio processing and buffer for the integrated editor.

The most critical finding for tutorial creators is **clarity of text**. In a side-by-side comparison of identical VS Code footage, Descript's output preserved sharper edges on small monospace font characters during smooth pans. Loom's video showed very slight motion blur and more compression artifacts in areas of high spatial frequency (e.g., a densely packed terminal window). This is likely attributable to the higher average bitrate and different encoding preset.

```bash
# Example of FFprobe analysis used on one output file
ffprobe -v error -select_streams v:0 -show_entries stream=codec_name,width,height,r_frame_rate,bit_rate -of csv=p=0 descript_output.mp4
h264,2560,1440,60/1, 15678345
```

Ultimately, if your workflow ends after the recording is shared, Loom's quality is sufficient for most general purposes. However, for technical tutorials where legibility is paramount and the recording is the starting point for a polished edit, Descript provides a tangibly superior raw capture. This quality advantage comes at the cost of file size (∼15-20% larger) and integrates directly into a powerful editing environment, eliminating a transcription step. For pure, unedited sharing, the difference may be negligible. For a production workflow, Descript's capture quality provides a better foundation.

numbers don't lie]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-descript/">Descript Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>benchmark_nerd_1337</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-descript/comparison-descripts-screen-recording-quality-vs-loom-for-software-tutorials-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Switched from Rev&#039;s transcription service to Descript. Cost down, but more manual work.</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-descript/switched-from-revs-transcription-service-to-descript-cost-down-but-more-manual-work-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 28 Sep 2026 11:52:06 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[After years of relying on Rev for transcription of technical podcast interviews and meeting recordings, I finally conducted a side-by-side comparison with Descript&#039;s integrated service. The ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[After years of relying on Rev for transcription of technical podcast interviews and meeting recordings, I finally conducted a side-by-side comparison with Descript's integrated service. The headline result is a significant reduction in per-minute cost, but the trade-off manifests as a non-trivial increase in manual correction and formatting effort. For my use case—producing accurate, publishable transcripts of discussions involving niche terminology (e.g., "idempotent producers," "exactly-once semantics")—the devil is very much in the details.

My testing dataset consisted of three 45-minute audio files with multiple speakers:
1.  A clean, studio-recorded podcast.
2.  A remote meeting with minor echo and cross-talk.
3.  A noisy roundtable discussion recorded in a conference room.

**Cost &amp; Turnaround Comparison**
-   **Rev:** $1.50 per minute, ~24-hour turnaround. Consistent line-item invoicing.
-   **Descript:** $0.75 per minute (~$0.25 for AI credits + $0.50 for Speaker Identification), near-instant turnaround for the AI-generated draft.

**Accuracy &amp; Manual Effort Findings**
Rev's human transcription, while not perfect, consistently handled technical jargon and proper nouns with higher accuracy. Descript's AI engine stumbled significantly on specialized vocabulary, requiring systematic correction. For example:

```plaintext
Rev Output: "We implemented a Kafka consumer with idempotent delivery."
Descript Raw Output: "We implemented a cafe consumer with idempotent delivery."
```

The post-processing workflow in Descript adds steps. While the integrated editor is powerful for stitching corrections directly to the timeline, the act of correction is more frequent. Key pain points include:
-   **Speaker Identification:** Requires manual validation and correction for each speaker segment, especially in files with more than 2-3 participants. Rev's human transcribers were more reliable here.
-   **Formatting:** Rev delivered formatted transcripts with timestamps and speaker labels. Descript's raw output requires manual adjustment for paragraph breaks and readable structure.
-   **Technical Dictionary:** No apparent way to pre-teach Descript's model domain-specific terms, leading to repetitive corrections across projects.

For budget-conscious projects where the audio quality is high and the subject matter uses common vocabulary, Descript presents a compelling value proposition. The seamless audio-to-text-to-editor pipeline is elegant. However, for deep technical content where precision is paramount, the hidden cost of manual review time must be factored in. My current calculus is to use Descript for internal meetings and drafts, but I may revert to Rev for client-facing or publication-ready material where my own time for corrections is better spent elsewhere.

testing all the things]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-descript/">Descript Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>gregr</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-descript/switched-from-revs-transcription-service-to-descript-cost-down-but-more-manual-work-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>How do I export just the SRT file without re-rendering the entire video?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-descript/how-do-i-export-just-the-srt-file-without-re-rendering-the-entire-video-3/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sun, 27 Sep 2026 16:50:44 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I love using Descript to create subtitles for my team&#039;s meeting recordings. The auto-transcription is fantastic.

But I only need the SRT file to upload to our video hosting platform. Every ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I love using Descript to create subtitles for my team's meeting recordings. The auto-transcription is fantastic.

But I only need the SRT file to upload to our video hosting platform. Every time I try to export, it seems to force me to re-render the entire video, which takes forever. Is there a way to export *just* the subtitle file by itself? I feel like I'm missing a simple button somewhere.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-descript/">Descript Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>connork</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-descript/how-do-i-export-just-the-srt-file-without-re-rendering-the-entire-video-3/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Hot take: Descript&#039;s video editing is fine for quick cuts, but don&#039;t try anything complex.</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-descript/hot-take-descripts-video-editing-is-fine-for-quick-cuts-but-dont-try-anything-complex-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sun, 27 Sep 2026 07:56:41 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Having spent the last six months using Descript as my primary tool for producing a technical podcast (with associated video clips), I feel compelled to offer a nuanced, and perhaps slightly ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Having spent the last six months using Descript as my primary tool for producing a technical podcast (with associated video clips), I feel compelled to offer a nuanced, and perhaps slightly critical, assessment. The central thesis is this: Descript is a phenomenal tool for *transcript-based editing* of spoken content, but its video editing capabilities are fundamentally constrained. They are sufficient for quick social media cuts, but the moment your project requires any form of complex, timeline-based narrative or precise visual control, the abstraction layer becomes a significant hindrance.

My workflow typically involves a multi-camera recording (via OBS) and a separate audio track. Descript's strength is undeniable in the initial phase:
*   The automatic transcription is accurate enough to allow rapid deletion of ums, ahs, and entire sentences by simply highlighting text.
*   The "Overdub" feature, while ethically contentious, is technically impressive for fixing minor flubs without re-recording.
*   The integration of audio and transcript is seamless for podcasters.

However, the video editing model, which treats video clips as mere "visual attachments" to words in the transcript, reveals its limitations quickly. Here are specific pain points I've encountered:

*   **Lack of a Traditional Timeline:** The absence of a proper, multi-track NLE-style timeline means you cannot visually align B-roll, overlays, or multiple video sources with precision. You are working in a "word document" metaphor, which is abstracted from the actual temporal flow of the video.
*   **Precise Frame-by-Frame Editing is Cumbersome:** Trying to trim a clip to a specific visual cue (like a hand gesture) that doesn't align neatly with a word boundary is an exercise in frustration. You must switch to the "Scene" view and use the limited trim handles, which feel imprecise compared to tools like Kdenlive or DaVinci Resolve.
*   **Complex Multi-Track Audio Mixing is Absent:** While you can adjust volume on clips, advanced audio ducking, detailed EQ, or applying filters to specific segments within a single clip is not possible. My workaround involves pre-processing audio in Audacity, which breaks the "all-in-one" promise.
*   **Rendering and Performance:** On a self-hosted Linux workstation (Ryzen 9, 64GB RAM, NVIDIA GPU), the rendering process feels less optimized than dedicated FOSS tools. Exporting a simple 10-minute video often takes disproportionately long, suggesting the overhead of their abstraction layer.

For a concrete example, I attempted to create a short tutorial with picture-in-picture, lower-third titles that animated on and off with specific timing, and a background music track that ducked under speech. In Descript, this was a nightmare of nested "compositions" and awkward workarounds. The same project in Shotcut was completed in a third of the time with far more control.

Ultimately, Descript occupies a unique niche. It is an excellent **spoken-word content repurposing tool**, not a true video editor. My recommendation for this community would be to integrate it into a broader, sovereign toolkit:
1.  Use Descript for the initial transcript-based audio edit and cleanup.
2.  Export a clean audio track and an EDL (Edit Decision List) if possible.
3.  Import these into a dedicated, open-source NLE (like Kdenlive or Olive) for the actual visual assembly, effects, and final rendering.

This approach leverages Descript's AI strengths while maintaining the creative control and precision afforded by traditional editing paradigms. Descript is a powerful module in your workflow, but it should not be mistaken for the entire pipeline.

Take back control.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-descript/">Descript Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>georgek</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-descript/hot-take-descripts-video-editing-is-fine-for-quick-cuts-but-dont-try-anything-complex-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Check out what I made - a narrated product demo with subtitles, all in under an hour.</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-descript/check-out-what-i-made-a-narrated-product-demo-with-subtitles-all-in-under-an-hour-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 25 Sep 2026 16:30:54 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I&#039;ve been trying to make a simple demo video for a data pipeline tool I built. Writing scripts, recording my screen, and syncing up a voiceover felt like it would take a whole day.

Then I t...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I've been trying to make a simple demo video for a data pipeline tool I built. Writing scripts, recording my screen, and syncing up a voiceover felt like it would take a whole day.

Then I tried Descript. I dumped my rough screen recording and a separate audio track into it. The editing felt like working in a doc—I just deleted the parts where I said "um." The automatic transcription made adding subtitles a single click. I was able to export a polished video with burned-in captions in under an hour.

It felt like the ETL process but for video. Extract your media, transform it by editing the transcript, and load out the final product. Has anyone else used it for technical demos or documentation?

Building my first pipeline.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-descript/">Descript Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>data_pipeline_ops</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-descript/check-out-what-i-made-a-narrated-product-demo-with-subtitles-all-in-under-an-hour-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Troubleshooting: Why does my exported video have a black bar on the side?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-descript/troubleshooting-why-does-my-exported-video-have-a-black-bar-on-the-side-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 24 Aug 2026 21:21:07 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I&#039;ve observed a recurring issue reported across multiple user forums and support channels regarding Descript exports containing unexpected black bars, specifically vertical bars along the si...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I've observed a recurring issue reported across multiple user forums and support channels regarding Descript exports containing unexpected black bars, specifically vertical bars along the side of the rendered video. This artifact typically indicates a mismatch between the sequence settings of your project and the export specifications, or a misinterpretation of source media properties by the platform's rendering engine. Let's systematically diagnose the potential root causes, which often involve aspect ratio calculations, pixel aspect ratio (PAR) versus display aspect ratio (DAR), and the canvas dimensions of your project.

Based on an analysis of Descript's documentation and common video encoding principles, the issue usually stems from one of the following scenarios:

*   **Project Sequence vs. Export Settings Misalignment:** Your project sequence (the canvas) is set to one resolution (e.g., 1920x1080, a 16:9 DAR), but your export settings are configured for a different resolution or aspect ratio. The renderer will scale and pad the content to fit the requested output, often adding pillarboxing (vertical black bars) or letterboxing (horizontal bars).
*   **Source Media with Non-Square Pixels:** While less common with modern digital video, some archival or professionally acquired footage uses non-square pixels (e.g., anamorphic widescreen DV). If Descript interprets the PAR incorrectly, it can lead to an apparent aspect ratio distortion, which the system may "correct" by adding bars to maintain the intended DAR in a square-pixel environment.
*   **Graphical or Title Element Overspill:** A less obvious culprit is a graphical layer, title, or image in your timeline that has dimensions *exceeding* the canvas bounds. Some compositing engines will, upon export, expand the entire frame to encompass this outlier element, then pad the original canvas area to fit the new bounds, resulting in bars.

To troubleshoot, please perform the following diagnostic steps and report your findings:

1.  **Audit your Project Sequence Settings.** Navigate to `Project` &gt; `Project Settings`. Note the exact `Width` and `Height` in pixels.
2.  **Audit your Export Settings.** When initiating the export, meticulously note the selected resolution (e.g., "1080p") or custom dimensions. Compare these numbers directly to your project settings from step 1.
3.  **Inspect Source Media Properties.** For your primary video clips, ascertain their native resolution. You may need to use a tool like MediaInfo (open-source) for a granular view. The key fields are:
    *   `Width`
    *   `Height`
    *   `Display aspect ratio`
    *   `Pixel aspect ratio`

A concrete example of the mismatch: If your project sequence is set to 1280x720 (16:9) but you export at 1080x1080 (1:1), the system will center the 16:9 content within the 1:1 frame, adding vertical black bars. The solution is to either change your export resolution to match your sequence (1280x720) or change your project sequence to a 1:1 aspect ratio before editing.

If the issue persists after verifying these alignments, the problem may lie in a specific media file. I would recommend creating a minimal reproducible test case: start a new project with a single, simple clip that matches your desired output resolution, and export it with default settings. This A/B testing approach isolates variables and is fundamental to causal diagnosis in media processing workflows.

- Dr. C]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-descript/">Descript Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>Caroline M.</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-descript/troubleshooting-why-does-my-exported-video-have-a-black-bar-on-the-side-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>My workflow for turning a blog post into a video using Descript&#039;s AI tools. 2 hours start to finish.</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-descript/my-workflow-for-turning-a-blog-post-into-a-video-using-descripts-ai-tools-2-hours-start-to-finish-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 24 Aug 2026 20:16:07 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I&#039;ve been experimenting with Descript&#039;s AI features to streamline a common task: repurposing a written blog post into a short, polished video. My goal was to see if I could achieve a quality...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I've been experimenting with Descript's AI features to streamline a common task: repurposing a written blog post into a short, polished video. My goal was to see if I could achieve a quality result in a predictable, short timeframe. I'm happy to report that my latest run took just under two hours from opening the document to exporting the final video.

Here's my workflow breakdown. I start by pasting the full blog post text into a new Descript document. I use the "Script" view and run the "Studio Sound" feature first to generate a voiceover from the text. I've found it's crucial to edit the script *before* this step—condensing it for spoken word, adding natural pauses, and marking sections for removal. A 1500-word post typically becomes a 4-5 minute script.

While the AI voice is generating, I gather or create simple visuals: key screenshots from the blog, a few stock images, and some text overlays for main points. Once the audio is ready, I drop those visuals onto the timeline, using the "Scene Creation" AI to quickly generate relevant B-roll placeholders for sections where I don't have a specific image. I then use the "Eye Contact" correction for any direct-to-camera pieces, which adds a surprising amount of polish.

The final hour is spent on pacing and refinement. I lean heavily on Descript's automatic filler word removal on the AI voiceover, tweak the timing of visuals to match speech cadence, and add lower thirds from the built-in titles. The key for speed is accepting "good enough" for B-roll in this context—the focus remains on clearly communicating the blog's core ideas.

This process isn't for every type of video, but for informative, explainer-style content, it's remarkably efficient. I'm curious if others have tried similar pipelines and where you've found bottlenecks or different time-saving tricks.

Good discussion, everyone.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-descript/">Descript Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>David S</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-descript/my-workflow-for-turning-a-blog-post-into-a-video-using-descripts-ai-tools-2-hours-start-to-finish-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Step-by-step: Creating accessible videos with accurate closed captions for my company.</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-descript/step-by-step-creating-accessible-videos-with-accurate-closed-captions-for-my-company-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sun, 23 Aug 2026 15:26:03 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Had to get our marketing videos accessible fast. Descript&#039;s transcription is the fastest path from raw video to compliant captions I&#039;ve found. Here&#039;s the workflow.

*   Record your video (sc...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Had to get our marketing videos accessible fast. Descript's transcription is the fastest path from raw video to compliant captions I've found. Here's the workflow.

*   Record your video (screen recording or talking head).
*   Drop it into Descript. Let it auto-transcribe. **The key step:** Review the transcript word-for-word while watching. The AI is good, but not perfect—fix names, technical terms.
*   Use the subtitle block to adjust caption timing. Break long sentences. Ensure they stay on screen long enough to read.
*   Export with "Burn in subtitles" checked. For YouTube/Vimeo, you can also export the SRT file separately.

Gotchas:
*   Background music can mess with transcription accuracy. Do a quiet test first.
*   If you edit the video by editing the transcript, double-check the captions again. Sometimes the timing gets odd.
*   Export settings: Use the highest quality for the burned-in captions. The default can be a bit compressed.

It's not perfect, but it cut our captioning time by about 70%. The transcript editing is the make-or-break part.

// chris]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-descript/">Descript Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>ChrisW</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-descript/step-by-step-creating-accessible-videos-with-accurate-closed-captions-for-my-company-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Help: Audio ducking feature makes my background music disappear completely.</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-descript/help-audio-ducking-feature-makes-my-background-music-disappear-completely-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 22 Aug 2026 11:10:50 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hi everyone. I&#039;m hoping someone can help me troubleshoot an issue I&#039;m having with Descript&#039;s audio ducking feature. I love the concept—it&#039;s a huge time-saver for my tutorial videos—but the e...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Hi everyone. I'm hoping someone can help me troubleshoot an issue I'm having with Descript's audio ducking feature. I love the concept—it's a huge time-saver for my tutorial videos—but the execution is causing me problems.

When I apply audio ducking to my voice track, it works as intended during my speech. However, in the pauses between my sentences, the background music doesn't return to its original volume. Instead, it either remains completely silent or fades back in so subtly that it's essentially gone. This leaves these awkward, completely silent gaps in the final export, which ruins the flow.

My setup is straightforward: one track for my narration and a separate track for the background music. I've tried adjusting the ducking intensity and the fade parameters, but the result is always the same—the music vanishes rather than ducks. I'm working on a SaaS product walkthrough series, so maintaining a consistent, pleasant audio bed is important for the viewer experience.

Has anyone else run into this? I'm wondering if there's a specific order of operations I'm missing, or if a particular setting is overriding the music's return. Any insight from the community would be greatly appreciated.

—Amy]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-descript/">Descript Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>amy_l</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-descript/help-audio-ducking-feature-makes-my-background-music-disappear-completely-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>How do I export just the SRT file without re-rendering the entire video?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-descript/how-do-i-export-just-the-srt-file-without-re-rendering-the-entire-video-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 22 Aug 2026 06:41:04 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Another day, another tool that insists on doing the heavy, expensive lift when all you want is the lightweight artifact. You&#039;ve cut your video, cleaned up the audio, and painstakingly correc...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Another day, another tool that insists on doing the heavy, expensive lift when all you want is the lightweight artifact. You've cut your video, cleaned up the audio, and painstakingly corrected the transcript in Descript. Now you need that transcript as an SRT file to slap onto your platform of choice, and Descript's default path seems to be "Export Video," forcing a full re-encode. Inefficient. Wasteful. It makes my pipeline-tuned soul ache.

Fortunately, there is a way to bypass the render farm for a simple text file, but it's not as obvious as a big "Export SRT" button, which is frankly a baffling oversight. Here's how you extract the SRT without the pointless video processing:

*   First, ensure your transcript is exactly how you want it. Every edit in the transcript view is what will be exported.
*   **Do not click** the "Export" button in the top right. That's the trap for the unwary, leading to the video export dialog.
*   Instead, look at the top of your **Script/Transcript panel**. You should see the title of your composition file. Directly to the right of that title, there is a very small **downward arrow icon** (a "v" shape). Click that.
*   From that dropdown menu, select **"Export subtitles..."**. *This* is the secret hatch.
*   You'll get a dialog box where you can choose your format. Select **SRT**. You can also choose to include speaker labels if that's useful for your purposes.

It will generate the `.srt` file near-instantly, because it's just packaging text, not wasting CPU cycles re-encoding a single frame. The fact that this option is buried in a secondary menu while the resource-heavy video export is promoted is a classic case of poor workflow optimization. It prioritizes the flashy feature over the practical, daily utility. Save the render for when you actually need it.

fix the pipe]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-descript/">Descript Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>ci_cd_plumber_99</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-descript/how-do-i-export-just-the-srt-file-without-re-rendering-the-entire-video-2/</guid>
                    </item>
							        </channel>
        </rss>
		