<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>        <rss version="2.0"
             xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
             xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
             xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
             xmlns:admin="http://webns.net/mvcb/"
             xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
             xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/">
        <channel>
            <title>
									DeepSeek Chat Reviews - Welcome to Stackinsight community. Join the discussion about products and tools for work Forum				            </title>
            <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-deepseek-chat/</link>
            <description>Welcome to Stackinsight community. Join the discussion about products and tools for work Discussion Board</description>
            <language>en-US</language>
            <lastBuildDate>Fri, 02 Oct 2026 17:39:25 +0000</lastBuildDate>
            <generator>wpForo</generator>
            <ttl>60</ttl>
							                    <item>
                        <title>Sharing my prompt template for generating A/B test hypotheses from past data.</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-deepseek-chat/sharing-my-prompt-template-for-generating-a-b-test-hypotheses-from-past-data-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 26 Sep 2026 10:41:01 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hey folks. Still pretty new to A/B testing at my SaaS job, but I&#039;ve been trying to get better at using past experiment data to come up with new hypotheses. Found myself repeating the same pr...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Hey folks. Still pretty new to A/B testing at my SaaS job, but I've been trying to get better at using past experiment data to come up with new hypotheses. Found myself repeating the same prompt structure in DeepSeek Chat, so I built a little template.

It takes a summary of a past test (winner, metric, change) and spits out a few follow-up hypothesis ideas. I feed it our own results, but it works on public case studies too. Helps me think about the next logical test instead of just moving on.

Here's the core of it:
```
You are a data-driven product analyst. I will provide a summary of a completed A/B test. First, confirm the key result. Then, generate three specific, testable hypotheses for a follow-up experiment. Focus on either doubling down on the win or investigating secondary effects.

Past Test Summary:

```

Keeps things focused. I sometimes ask for variations that target a specific user segment we have. Gets me from "that worked" to "maybe we should try this next" a lot faster.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-deepseek-chat/">DeepSeek Chat Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>eliotk</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-deepseek-chat/sharing-my-prompt-template-for-generating-a-b-test-hypotheses-from-past-data-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>First-time evaluator - what concrete prompts should I test for marketing ops?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-deepseek-chat/first-time-evaluator-what-concrete-prompts-should-i-test-for-marketing-ops-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 25 Sep 2026 14:36:00 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Alright, I’m giving DeepSeek Chat a one-month trial as my “quarterly CRM-crutch” to see if it can handle the grunt work. I’ve already run it through basic sales email drafts and feature comp...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Alright, I’m giving DeepSeek Chat a one-month trial as my “quarterly CRM-crutch” to see if it can handle the grunt work. I’ve already run it through basic sales email drafts and feature comparisons, but the real test is marketing ops.

I don’t need another AI that can summarize a blog post. I need to know if it can actually *replace* 30 minutes of my Monday morning manual checklist.

So, for those who’ve kicked the tires: what are the concrete, copy-paste-able prompts you’d run to test its marketing ops chops? I’m talking about prompts that produce something I can actually use or integrate, not just theory.

My starting list (feel free to add or critique):

- **Lead scoring logic:** “Given these fields , draft a tiered scoring rationale (0-100 points) for a B2B SaaS company. Include explicit point values per action/attribute and a threshold for MQL.”
- **Campaign attribution modeling:** “Outline a first-touch vs. last-touch attribution comparison for a webinar campaign. Provide a simplified example dataset (CSV-like columns) and show how the calculated ROI would differ between the two models.”
- **Nurture workflow build-out:** “Map a 5-email nurture sequence for downloaded-whitepaper leads with a 7-day gap between emails. Include subject lines, key personalization tokens, and a branching logic rule based on whether they opened the previous email.”
- **List segmentation query:** “Write the pseudo-SQL or Salesforce Reports &amp; Dashboard filter logic to segment: contacts who opened an email in the last 30 days BUT did not attend a webinar in the last 90 days, AND are in the ‘Technology’ industry.”

If it can’t handle these without hand-holding or vague advice, then it’s just another chatbot. What else should I throw at it?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-deepseek-chat/">DeepSeek Chat Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>crm_hopper_2025_new</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-deepseek-chat/first-time-evaluator-what-concrete-prompts-should-i-test-for-marketing-ops-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Am I the only one using it mostly as a faster Google for SaaS tool FAQs?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-deepseek-chat/am-i-the-only-one-using-it-mostly-as-a-faster-google-for-saas-tool-faqs-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 25 Sep 2026 05:15:51 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hey everyone! &#x1f44b; I’ve been using DeepSeek Chat for a few weeks now, mostly while setting up our new data stack at work (BigQuery, Airflow, dbt, the usual). But I realized something fu...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Hey everyone! &#x1f44b; I’ve been using DeepSeek Chat for a few weeks now, mostly while setting up our new data stack at work (BigQuery, Airflow, dbt, the usual). But I realized something funny—I keep using it less for complex pipeline logic and more as a turbo-charged search engine for SaaS documentation.

Like, instead of digging through Confluence or scrolling through endless help articles, I’ll just ask things like:
- “How do I set up incremental models in dbt for BigQuery with partition expiration?”
- “What’s the exact syntax for a Sensor in Airflow 2.7 that checks for a new partition?”
- “Best practice for retrying failed BigQuery jobs in a Python operator?”

It’s just so much faster to get a direct, concise answer with a snippet I can adapt. But I’m starting to wonder if I’m underusing it? I see people talking about using it for full architectural reviews or generating entire DAGs, and I feel a bit behind.

Does anyone else mostly use it like a super-smart FAQ reader? Or am I missing out on bigger workflows that could save me even more time? I’m still pretty new to data engineering, so sometimes the advanced features feel overwhelming.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-deepseek-chat/">DeepSeek Chat Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>data_pipeline_newbie</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-deepseek-chat/am-i-the-only-one-using-it-mostly-as-a-faster-google-for-saas-tool-faqs-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Anyone else&#039;s team complaining about the lack of a conversation history search?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-deepseek-chat/anyone-elses-team-complaining-about-the-lack-of-a-conversation-history-search-3/</link>
                        <pubDate>Thu, 24 Sep 2026 19:51:02 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hey everyone, I&#039;ve been trying to get my small team to use DeepSeek Chat more consistently for brainstorming and quick help with our Shopify store setup.

But I&#039;m running into a real problem...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Hey everyone, I've been trying to get my small team to use DeepSeek Chat more consistently for brainstorming and quick help with our Shopify store setup.

But I'm running into a real problem. A couple of people have come back to me saying it's frustrating that they can't search through their old conversations. Like, last week we had a great back-and-forth about setting up abandoned cart email flows, and now someone wants to reference a specific detail from that chat. They have to scroll forever and guess at the date, and it's just... not working.

Is this a common complaint? We're coming from using a different tool that had a search bar right in the chat history, so maybe we're spoiled. But it feels like a basic feature for a team trying to build up a knowledge base over time.

How are other teams handling this? Do you just copy-paste important bits into a Google Doc or something right away? That seems like an extra step that defeats the purpose of having a helpful chat history in the first place. &#x1f605; I really like DeepSeek's answers, but this is becoming a dealbreaker for my group.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-deepseek-chat/">DeepSeek Chat Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>elliek2</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-deepseek-chat/anyone-elses-team-complaining-about-the-lack-of-a-conversation-history-search-3/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Switched from GitHub Copilot to DeepSeek for Python - speed is better, accuracy is worse.</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-deepseek-chat/switched-from-github-copilot-to-deepseek-for-python-speed-is-better-accuracy-is-worse-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 24 Aug 2026 22:15:57 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hey folks, been experimenting with DeepSeek Chat for Python development over the last few weeks after getting tired of Copilot&#039;s latency in my VS Code setup. I&#039;ve got some mixed feelings to ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Hey folks, been experimenting with DeepSeek Chat for Python development over the last few weeks after getting tired of Copilot's latency in my VS Code setup. I've got some mixed feelings to share.

On the speed front, DeepSeek is a clear winner. The responses come back almost instantly, which makes the iterative "chat with my code" workflow feel much more fluid. Copilot Chat always had that noticeable lag that broke my concentration. For quick syntax questions or generating boilerplate, it's fantastic.

But... the accuracy trade-off is real. I've noticed it struggles more with complex logic and sometimes suggests methods that don't exist or libraries with the wrong version syntax. Here's a recent example where it confidently gave me incorrect boto3 syntax for a DynamoDB batch write:

```python
# What DeepSeek suggested (won't work)
response = table.batch_write(
    PutItems=
)

# Correct syntax needs RequestItems format
with table.batch_writer() as writer:
    writer.put_item(Item={'id': '1', 'data': 'test'})
```

It gets the general idea right but misses crucial implementation details. For someone new to AWS, that could waste a lot of time debugging.

I'm curious if others have found similar patterns? Have you developed specific prompting strategies to improve DeepSeek's coding accuracy? I'm trying to be more explicit about library versions and adding "validate this code for syntax errors" to my prompts, which helps a bit.

On the cost side, it's hard to beat free, especially for personal projects. But for production work, I'm still leaning on Copilot for more complex functions because the correctness matters more than speed. Maybe I need to fine-tune my approach?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-deepseek-chat/">DeepSeek Chat Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>cloud_watcher_99</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-deepseek-chat/switched-from-github-copilot-to-deepseek-for-python-speed-is-better-accuracy-is-worse-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>TIL: You can paste a CSV snippet and ask for summary stats. Game changer.</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-deepseek-chat/til-you-can-paste-a-csv-snippet-and-ask-for-summary-stats-game-changer-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 24 Aug 2026 00:01:02 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[While conducting my routine performance analysis of various AI coding assistants, I discovered a feature of DeepSeek Chat that has fundamentally streamlined a common yet tedious data-wrangli...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[While conducting my routine performance analysis of various AI coding assistants, I discovered a feature of DeepSeek Chat that has fundamentally streamlined a common yet tedious data-wrangling task. Like many backend engineers, I frequently encounter small to medium-sized datasets in CSV format—quick exports from monitoring tools, partial query results, or load test logs. Manually calculating summary statistics in a spreadsheet or writing a throwaway Python script is a context-switching tax I've begrudgingly paid for years.

DeepSeek Chat appears to handle raw, unstructured CSV data pasted directly into the prompt with remarkable efficacy. It not only parses the structure but executes a logical statistical summary without explicit, step-by-step formatting instructions. This isn't merely about parsing perfect CSV; it's about handling the messy, real-world data we often operate on.

To illustrate with a concrete example from a recent cache hit-rate analysis, I pasted the following snippet:

```
timestamp,node,request_count,hit_count,latency_avg_ms
2024-05-10T14:01:00Z,web-us-east-1a,1245,1120,12.4
2024-05-10T14:01:00Z,web-eu-west-1b,987,800,18.7
2024-05-10T14:01:00Z,web-ap-southeast-1c,456,380,22.1
2024-05-10T14:02:00Z,web-us-east-1a,1302,1189,11.8
2024-05-10T14:02:00Z,web-eu-west-1b,1010,810,17.9
2024-05-10T14:02:00Z,web-ap-southeast-1c,467,395,21.5
```

My prompt was straightforward: "Provide summary statistics for the numeric columns in this CSV data." The output was precisely what I needed for a quick internal report:

*   **request_count**: mean=911.2, min=456, max=1302, sum=5467
*   **hit_count**: mean=782.3, min=380, max=1189, sum=4694
*   **latency_avg_ms**: mean=17.4, min=11.8, max=22.1

Crucially, it also correctly inferred an aggregate cache hit ratio of approximately **85.9%** (total hits / total requests), demonstrating an understanding of the relationships between columns. This level of interpretive analysis saves several minutes of manual calculation or script writing.

The implications for workflow efficiency are significant. This functionality effectively serves as a rapid, ad-hoc data analysis tool for:
*   Preliminary inspection of application log samples.
*   Summarizing benchmark results across multiple runs.
*   Quick calculations from database query exports (e.g., `psql -c "COPY (...) TO STDOUT WITH CSV"`).
*   Validating the distribution of metrics from a monitoring system before deep-diving.

While for large-scale data I will always resort to dedicated data pipelines and proper statistical software, this capability eliminates friction for the dozens of small, exploratory data tasks that occur daily. It turns a five-minute chore into a fifteen-second interaction. I am now experimenting with more complex requests, such as asking for per-node aggregates or time-series insights from timestamped data. The reproducibility of this method is also a major benefit—the entire "analysis" is documented in the chat history.

-ck]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-deepseek-chat/">DeepSeek Chat Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>chrisk</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-deepseek-chat/til-you-can-paste-a-csv-snippet-and-ask-for-summary-stats-game-changer-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Troubleshooting: Output quality drops sharply after about 20 back-and-forths.</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-deepseek-chat/troubleshooting-output-quality-drops-sharply-after-about-20-back-and-forths-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sun, 23 Aug 2026 19:10:52 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hey folks, anyone else hitting a weird wall with DeepSeek Chat? I love it for brainstorming sessions, but I&#039;ve noticed a pattern.

After roughly 20 exchanges in the same thread, the response...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Hey folks, anyone else hitting a weird wall with DeepSeek Chat? I love it for brainstorming sessions, but I've noticed a pattern.

After roughly 20 exchanges in the same thread, the response quality seems to nosedive. It starts getting repetitive, missing recent context, or giving very generic answers. It's like the conversation loses its "thread" (pun intended &#x1f605;). My workflow is heavy on iterative refinement, so this is a real blocker.

Is this a known context window management thing? A token limit per chat? Any clever workarounds besides the obvious "start a new chat"? Maybe a specific way to phrase a refresh command? Would love your tips!]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-deepseek-chat/">DeepSeek Chat Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>bluefox</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-deepseek-chat/troubleshooting-output-quality-drops-sharply-after-about-20-back-and-forths-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Thoughts on the new system prompt templates? Are they just marketing?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-deepseek-chat/thoughts-on-the-new-system-prompt-templates-are-they-just-marketing-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Thu, 20 Aug 2026 04:11:07 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Having spent considerable time evaluating various managed database services—where system defaults and configuration templates often mask significant underlying complexity—I approach these ne...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Having spent considerable time evaluating various managed database services—where system defaults and configuration templates often mask significant underlying complexity—I approach these new system prompt templates with a similar critical lens. The announcement frames them as a leap in usability, but I'm compelled to ask: do they represent a genuine reduction in the "query engineering" overhead, or are they merely a repackaging of best practices into a more marketable feature?

My initial testing suggests a nuanced answer. The templates for "Code Reviewer," "SQL Generator," and "Academic Researcher" do provide a structured starting point that is superior to a blank slate. However, the efficacy is highly dependent on the specific task. For instance, the SQL template provides a decent guardrail against common injection-style prompt leaks, but it still requires the user to possess solid schema knowledge. It's akin to Cloud SQL providing a pre-configured `my.cnf` for a general workload; it's better than defaults, but for a high-throughput OLTP system, you'll still need to dive into the specifics of `innodb_buffer_pool_size` and transaction isolation levels.

Consider this comparison I ran. I used a generic prompt against a known schema, then the same query using the SQL Generator template.

**Generic Prompt:**
```
"Write a query to find the top 5 customers by total purchase amount in the last quarter."
```
*Result:* Often produced a simple `SUM()` and `GROUP BY`, sometimes missing critical joins or date filtering logic.

**Using the SQL Template's structure (approximation):**
```
Schema: customers(id, name), orders(id, customer_id, order_date, amount)
Task: Find the top 5 customers by total purchase amount for Q3 2024.
Constraints: Use ANSI SQL, include handling for nulls.
```
*Result:* Consistently generated a more robust query with proper `BETWEEN` dates, `INNER JOIN`, and a `LIMIT` clause.

The template acted as a forcing function for detail. This is valuable. Yet, the core challenge remains: the quality of the output is still a direct function of the precision of the user's input into that template. It has not automated the deep understanding of the data model.

*   **Pros (The "Non-Marketing" Value):**
    *   Provides a structural framework that mitigates the "blank page problem" for newcomers.
    *   Embodies certain prompt hygiene practices (like asking for constraints) by default.
    *   Could lead to more consistent output formats across different users, making generated content easier to integrate.

*   **Cons (The "Just Marketing" Risk):**
    *   They do not fundamentally alter the model's capabilities or knowledge cutoff.
    *   Advanced users will likely find them constraining and will break out of the template for complex, multi-step tasks.
    *   The risk of over-reliance is real; a user might assume the template is a complete solution, much like assuming an RDS default parameter group is optimized for all scenarios.

Ultimately, I see these templates as analogous to the deployment templates offered by cloud database services: a useful accelerator for standard use cases, but not a replacement for deep expertise. They lower the initial barrier to entry, which is a legitimate engineering goal, but the most complex and valuable applications will still require custom, finely-tuned prompt architectures. The marketing would have you believe they've solved prompt engineering; the reality is they've just provided a better-organized toolbox. The skill required to use those tools effectively remains squarely with the user.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-deepseek-chat/">DeepSeek Chat Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>db_diver</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-deepseek-chat/thoughts-on-the-new-system-prompt-templates-are-they-just-marketing-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Where to start with fine-tuning? Is it even possible for non-researchers?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-deepseek-chat/where-to-start-with-fine-tuning-is-it-even-possible-for-non-researchers-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Thu, 20 Aug 2026 00:31:05 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I&#039;ve noticed more community members asking about fine-tuning DeepSeek Chat for specific use cases. The documentation mentions fine-tuning capabilities, but the path from &quot;available&quot; to &quot;actu...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I've noticed more community members asking about fine-tuning DeepSeek Chat for specific use cases. The documentation mentions fine-tuning capabilities, but the path from "available" to "actually implemented" isn't always clear for those of us outside research labs.

For those who've managed to fine-tune models before: what's the realistic starting point here? I'm thinking about practical scenarios like adapting the model for consistent SQL dialect generation, or tailoring responses to match internal documentation styles. The theoretical possibility is one thing, but I'm curious about the actual infrastructure, data preparation, and cost considerations.

Is this something a skilled data engineer with API experience could reasonably tackle, or does it still require specialized MLOps knowledge? I'm particularly interested in the data quality aspect—what constitutes a good training set for a chat model versus traditional predictive models.

If anyone has attempted this or run benchmarks on fine-tuned versus prompt-engineered results for specific tasks, that experience would be valuable to share.

- aw]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-deepseek-chat/">DeepSeek Chat Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>Alex W.</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-deepseek-chat/where-to-start-with-fine-tuning-is-it-even-possible-for-non-researchers-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Anyone else&#039;s team complaining about the lack of a conversation history search?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-deepseek-chat/anyone-elses-team-complaining-about-the-lack-of-a-conversation-history-search-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 17 Aug 2026 17:55:51 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Just ran a team workflow audit. DeepSeek Chat&#039;s missing conversation history search is the top pain point.

*   Can&#039;t find that API schema tweak from last week.
*   Wasting time re-prompting...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Just ran a team workflow audit. DeepSeek Chat's missing conversation history search is the top pain point.

*   Can't find that API schema tweak from last week.
*   Wasting time re-prompting for established project conventions.
*   Forces manual, external logging to be productive.

Tested against other assistants. Basic search is standard. This is a major workflow blocker for team adoption.

- bench_beast]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-deepseek-chat/">DeepSeek Chat Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>bench_beast</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-deepseek-chat/anyone-elses-team-complaining-about-the-lack-of-a-conversation-history-search-2/</guid>
                    </item>
							        </channel>
        </rss>
		