<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>        <rss version="2.0"
             xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
             xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
             xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
             xmlns:admin="http://webns.net/mvcb/"
             xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
             xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/">
        <channel>
            <title>
									Braintrust Reviews - Welcome to Stackinsight community. Join the discussion about products and tools for work Forum				            </title>
            <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-braintrust/</link>
            <description>Welcome to Stackinsight community. Join the discussion about products and tools for work Discussion Board</description>
            <language>en-US</language>
            <lastBuildDate>Fri, 02 Oct 2026 10:35:11 +0000</lastBuildDate>
            <generator>wpForo</generator>
            <ttl>60</ttl>
							                    <item>
                        <title>Rolled out Braintrust to 20 contractors - what broke in onboarding</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-braintrust/rolled-out-braintrust-to-20-contractors-what-broke-in-onboarding-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 28 Sep 2026 16:15:50 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[They said it was built for freelancers. The reality? It&#039;s built for their internal process, not yours.

Onboarding 20 people became a support ticket factory. The &quot;simple&quot; invite system faile...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[They said it was built for freelancers. The reality? It's built for their internal process, not yours.

Onboarding 20 people became a support ticket factory. The "simple" invite system failed for anyone using a personal email with an existing account. Zero guidance on profile setup led to hours of back-and-forth on missing fields that blocked project assignment. The compliance check is a black box that auto-rejected two contractors for reasons their own paperwork showed were invalid. Had to escalate for days.

Now we're paying for seats that can't be used. The promised "seamless" integration is just a webhook that dumps data without context. Their support response time is measured in business days, not hours.

Just saying.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-braintrust/">Braintrust Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>contrarian_kevin</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-braintrust/rolled-out-braintrust-to-20-contractors-what-broke-in-onboarding-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Anyone else&#039;s scans taking way longer than advertised?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-braintrust/anyone-elses-scans-taking-way-longer-than-advertised-3/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sun, 27 Sep 2026 07:30:49 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hey everyone, just started using Braintrust for some Terraform scans on a small AWS project. I&#039;m seeing scan times of 8-10 minutes for a repo with maybe 15 `.tf` files.

Their docs mention &quot;...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Hey everyone, just started using Braintrust for some Terraform scans on a small AWS project. I'm seeing scan times of 8-10 minutes for a repo with maybe 15 `.tf` files.

Their docs mention "most scans complete in 2-3 minutes." Mine are consistently way over that. &#x1f605;

My config is pretty basic—just connecting to a GitHub repo. I'm on the free tier. Is this normal, or am I missing something? Could it be my Terraform state size or something? My resources are just a few S3 buckets and Lambdas.

```hcl
# Example of one of my bigger files - not huge, right?
resource "aws_lambda_function" "api_handler" {
  filename      = "function.zip"
  function_name = "my-function"
  handler       = "index.handler"
  runtime       = "nodejs18.x"
  role          = aws_iam_role.lambda_exec.arn
}
```

Wondering if others have the same experience or if there's a trick to speed things up.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-braintrust/">Braintrust Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>cloud_infra_newbie</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-braintrust/anyone-elses-scans-taking-way-longer-than-advertised-3/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>How do I create a report that non-technical execs will understand?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-braintrust/how-do-i-create-a-report-that-non-technical-execs-will-understand/</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 25 Sep 2026 15:06:12 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Alright, team. I&#039;ve hit this wall a few times—you build this beautiful, complex report in Braintrust with all the right cohorts, funnels, and custom events. You&#039;re proud of it. Then you send...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Alright, team. I've hit this wall a few times—you build this beautiful, complex report in Braintrust with all the right cohorts, funnels, and custom events. You're proud of it. Then you send it to the VP of Marketing or the CEO, and you get that blank stare in the next meeting. &#x1f605;

We, as analysts and growth folks, live in the weeds. We love a good p-value and a detailed trend line. But for the execs who are steering the ship, they need a completely different view. They need the "so what?" served on a silver platter. Over the last few projects, I've landed on a bit of a formula that seems to work. It's less about the raw tool skills and more about the framing.

Here's my current playbook for building exec-friendly reports in Braintrust:

**1. Start with the Single Metric That Matters (SMTM) for that audience.**
Every report should answer one key business question at the top. Is this about user activation efficiency? Feature adoption? Retention? Put the answer—the single most important number, compared to last period—in a huge font at the top. Everything else supports that.

**2. Use Visuals as Simple Signals, Not Detailed Charts.**
Braintrust has great charting, but complexity is the enemy. I've swapped out multi-line charts for big, bold summary numbers and directional arrows (&#x1f4c8; &#x1f4c9;). If you must show a trend, make it a single, thick line with maybe two data points: "Then" (last quarter) and "Now." Execs process "up 15%" faster than they process a 90-day jagged line.

**3. Segment by Business Initiative, Not by Technical Cohort.**
Instead of a cohort labeled "Users who performed event X after Y seconds," label it "Power Users of Feature Z" or "Trialers who saw the core value." Frame the segments in the language the business uses. I often create these as "Saved Cohorts" first, then build the report around them.

**4. Narrative Over Numbers.**
Add a text block at the top of each report section. Use plain English: "Our activation rate improved by 10% this month, driven primarily by the new onboarding flow we launched in April. This suggests that simplifying steps 2 and 3 is working." Turn the data into a story they can retell.

**5. Bury the "How" in the Back.**
I often have a final, collapsed section at the bottom titled "Methodology &amp; Definitions" or "Deep Dive Data." That's where I'll put the more complex charts, SQL snippets (if I used any for custom metrics), and detailed cohort definitions. It's there if they ask, but it doesn't clutter the main message.

The biggest shift for me was moving from "Here's all the data" to "Here's what you need to know and what we should do next." Braintrust is fantastic for this because you can build this layered approach all in one report.

What about you all? What tricks have you found to make your Braintrust insights stick with a non-technical audience? Any specific chart types or widget arrangements that have gotten a good reaction?

—ec]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-braintrust/">Braintrust Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>ethanc</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-braintrust/how-do-i-create-a-report-that-non-technical-execs-will-understand/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>ELI5: The difference between Braintrust&#039;s &#039;agent&#039; and &#039;scanner&#039; modes</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-braintrust/eli5-the-difference-between-braintrusts-agent-and-scanner-modes-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Thu, 24 Sep 2026 19:46:00 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hi everyone! &#x1f44b; I&#039;m pretty new to Braintrust and have been trying to get my head around the different ways to use it. I keep seeing references to &quot;agent&quot; mode and &quot;scanner&quot; mode in th...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Hi everyone! &#x1f44b; I'm pretty new to Braintrust and have been trying to get my head around the different ways to use it. I keep seeing references to "agent" mode and "scanner" mode in the docs and some forum posts, but I have to admit I'm getting a bit tangled up.

Could someone please explain the core difference between these two modes like I'm five? I think I understand that they're for different *types* of tasks, but I'm not totally clear on what makes a task better for one mode over the other.

For example, in my Salesforce reports work, when would I reach for an agent, and when would a scanner be the right tool? Is it about the complexity of the steps, or the kind of data I'm working with?

Thanks!]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-braintrust/">Braintrust Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>Emma E.</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-braintrust/eli5-the-difference-between-braintrusts-agent-and-scanner-modes-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Anyone else&#039;s scans taking way longer than advertised?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-braintrust/anyone-elses-scans-taking-way-longer-than-advertised-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 24 Aug 2026 20:25:49 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Their docs claim a full scan completes in &quot;under 10 minutes&quot; for a typical cloud account.

My last three scans on a modest AWS setup (approx 150 resources) took 28, 34, and 41 minutes. This ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Their docs claim a full scan completes in "under 10 minutes" for a typical cloud account.

My last three scans on a modest AWS setup (approx 150 resources) took 28, 34, and 41 minutes. This is not "under 10 minutes."

*   API rate limiting is visibly throttling the collector.
*   No progress indicator after the initial 5%.
*   Cost for this service is based on resources scanned per month. Longer scan time directly impacts my ability to iterate and optimize.

Configuration is standard:

```yaml
collector:
  aws:
    regions: 
  scan_schedule: "daily"
```

Is this just an AWS issue, or are others seeing similar delays on Azure/GCP?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-braintrust/">Braintrust Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>cloud_cost_analyst_pro</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-braintrust/anyone-elses-scans-taking-way-longer-than-advertised-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Breaking: Braintrust announced a major API change. Anyone have details?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-braintrust/breaking-braintrust-announced-a-major-api-change-anyone-have-details-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 21 Aug 2026 17:10:55 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Just saw the announcement in my feed. Details are thin. Major API version bump, some endpoints deprecated.

Looking for concrete info:
* What&#039;s the migration timeline?
* Key breaking changes...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Just saw the announcement in my feed. Details are thin. Major API version bump, some endpoints deprecated.

Looking for concrete info:
* What's the migration timeline?
* Key breaking changes? Especially for analytics event tracking.
* Any new rate limits or pricing implications?

Need to plan our experiment tracking updates. If you've dug into the docs, post the highlights.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-braintrust/">Braintrust Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>alex_f</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-braintrust/breaking-braintrust-announced-a-major-api-change-anyone-have-details-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Braintrust after 12 months - honest review from a mid-market CTO</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-braintrust/braintrust-after-12-months-honest-review-from-a-mid-market-cto-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 21 Aug 2026 16:21:09 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[We rolled out Braintrust across our sales and CS teams a year ago, moving from a patchwork of spreadsheets and a basic HubSpot setup. The pitch was compelling: a unified platform for talent,...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[We rolled out Braintrust across our sales and CS teams a year ago, moving from a patchwork of spreadsheets and a basic HubSpot setup. The pitch was compelling: a unified platform for talent, projects, and payments. The reality has been a mix of genuine efficiency gains and some persistent, grating limitations.

Here’s the breakdown after 12 months of daily use by a 75-person team:

**What actually works well:**
*   The project-talent matching is solid. It does save managers time sourcing.
*   Consolidated invoicing and payment processing is a true administrative win.
*   The unified profile for freelancers, combining work history and reviews, reduces back-and-forth.

**Where it stumbles or is just okay:**
*   Reporting is surface-level. You can't build custom dashboards that combine project financials with talent performance metrics in a meaningful way. It's a major gap for forecasting.
*   API limitations are real. We wanted to pipe project status changes into our internal Slack ops channel, but the webhook options are prescriptive and the docs are thin. You can't build complex automations off their events.
*   The mobile app is essentially a notification viewer. You can't approve larger scope changes or access any meaningful reporting. It feels like an afterthought.
*   UI "improvements" have twice broken our team's habitual workflows. Last quarter, they rearranged the project dashboard without a toggle to revert, which caused a minor revolt until everyone retrained.

It's not a bad platform. For a company that heavily relies on a flexible, external talent pool, it centralizes chaos. But it's not the all-seeing, all-automating brain the marketing suggests. It's a competent transaction layer with some intelligent matching on top. For the price, I expect deeper analytics and a less brittle interface.

We're sticking with it for now, but we're also evaluating whether to supplement it with other tools for the reporting depth we need. I'd be curious if other mid-market users have hit the same walls, especially with the API or in building internal metrics.

-- CRM Surfer]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-braintrust/">Braintrust Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>crm.surfer.99</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-braintrust/braintrust-after-12-months-honest-review-from-a-mid-market-cto-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Guide: How to set up a baseline and measure improvement over 90 days</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-braintrust/guide-how-to-set-up-a-baseline-and-measure-improvement-over-90-days/</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 21 Aug 2026 10:31:21 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[One of the most frequent points of friction I see in my procurement and SaaS consulting work is the post-contract hangover. A team signs a new platform like Braintrust with high hopes, but s...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[One of the most frequent points of friction I see in my procurement and SaaS consulting work is the post-contract hangover. A team signs a new platform like Braintrust with high hopes, but six months later, there's a murky, emotional debate about its value. Was it worth it? Is it working? The conversation lacks data and defaults to loudest opinion wins.

To avoid this, I advocate for establishing a quantitative baseline *before* implementation begins, followed by structured measurement at the 30, 60, and 90-day marks. This isn't about proving the tool is perfect; it's about creating an objective framework for evaluating its fit and return, which informs training, configuration, and even future negotiation points. Here’s a templated playbook I’ve used with clients to measure improvement for talent platforms specifically.

**Phase 1: The Pre-Implementation Baseline (Days -14 to 0)**
You cannot measure improvement if you don't know your starting point. Capture these metrics from your *old* process (e.g., job boards, generic agencies, inbound applications) over a typical two-week sprint or for your last 3-5 roles.

*   **Efficiency Metrics:**
    *   Time-to-Shortlist: Average days from role approval to having 3 qualified candidates for review.
    *   Sourcing Cost per Candidate: Total spend on job posts/agency fees divided by number of qualified candidates.
    *   Administrative Burden: Hours spent by internal team (recruiters, hiring managers) screening, scheduling, and coordinating per role.
*   **Quality Metrics:**
    *   Interview-to-Offer Ratio: How many first-round interviews lead to an offer?
    *   Hiring Manager Satisfaction: Simple 1-5 score from hiring managers on candidate quality fit.
    *   Candidate Drop-off Rate: Percentage of candidates who disengage after initial contact.

**Phase 2: Structured Measurement &amp; Review Cadence**
With your baseline documented, run your first Braintrust roles and compare. Don't wait for the annual review; do this at set intervals.

*   **30-Day Check (Pilot Validation):** Focus on process efficiency. Has Time-to-Shortlist changed? What is the initial feedback from recruiters on the platform's usability? This is a configuration review—are you using the right filters, is your job description format optimal?
*   **60-Day Check (Quality &amp; Fit):** Now analyze quality metrics. Compare the Interview-to-Offer Ratio and Hiring Manager Satisfaction scores to your baseline. Are you seeing more targeted talent? Also, review the gross service fee against your historical cost-per-hire, not just the rate, but the total cost of the hiring cycle.
*   **90-Day Check (Business Impact Review):** This is the strategic review. Synthesize the data into a simple dashboard. Calculate the net time savings for your team. Assess the qualitative feedback from both hiring managers and the hired talent themselves on their onboarding experience. This is where you decide to expand, refine, or renegotiate usage.

The goal is to move the conversation from "Do we like it?" to "Based on our agreed-upon criteria, here is the performance data." This framework gives you the leverage to work with Braintrust's team on optimizing for your specific gaps or, conversely, the concrete evidence to justify broader rollout. It turns a subjective evaluation into a managed procurement outcome.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-braintrust/">Braintrust Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>Consultant Carl</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-braintrust/guide-how-to-set-up-a-baseline-and-measure-improvement-over-90-days/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Best Braintrust for small teams under 5 engineers</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-braintrust/best-braintrust-for-small-teams-under-5-engineers-2/</link>
                        <pubDate>Fri, 21 Aug 2026 01:06:37 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hi everyone,

I&#039;m looking at Braintrust for my small team. We&#039;re 4 engineers doing mostly devops and cloud-native stuff (Docker, K8s, some monitoring). The pricing and features seem aimed at...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Hi everyone,

I'm looking at Braintrust for my small team. We're 4 engineers doing mostly devops and cloud-native stuff (Docker, K8s, some monitoring). The pricing and features seem aimed at bigger companies from what I can see.

For teams our size, what's the best fit? Is the "Team" plan overkill? We really just need a shared knowledge base for runbooks, post-mortems, and onboarding. The per-seat cost adds up fast.

Also, has anyone integrated it with a small CI/CD pipeline? I'm curious about the workflow. Thanks for any tips!]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-braintrust/">Braintrust Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>gregoryt</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-braintrust/best-braintrust-for-small-teams-under-5-engineers-2/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Complete newbie here - where do I start evaluating?</title>
                        <link>https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-braintrust/complete-newbie-here-where-do-i-start-evaluating/</link>
                        <pubDate>Thu, 20 Aug 2026 16:25:54 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Hi everyone! &#x1f44b; I just joined the community after hearing about Braintrust from a colleague. I&#039;m a project manager working fully remote with a small team, and we&#039;re currently using a ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Hi everyone! &#x1f44b; I just joined the community after hearing about Braintrust from a colleague. I'm a project manager working fully remote with a small team, and we're currently using a mix of Asana and Slack to keep things moving.

I've been reading about different talent platforms and Braintrust keeps coming up, but honestly... I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. The whole token model and decentralized aspect is new territory for me. Where do I even start evaluating if this is right for us?

We occasionally need freelance help for design and front-end dev work. I'm curious about the actual experience of finding and hiring someone. Is the process similar to other platforms? Also, the reviews here seem really detailed, which is awesome, but I'm not sure what the most important factors are for a first-time user.

Like, should I be focusing on the client onboarding, the quality of talent profiles, or the payment process first? Any tips for a complete newbie would be so appreciated. Thx!]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-braintrust/">Braintrust Reviews</category>                        <dc:creator>Emily L</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://communities.stackinsight.net/community/aitr-braintrust/complete-newbie-here-where-do-i-start-evaluating/</guid>
                    </item>
							        </channel>
        </rss>
		